Has anyone received EL30 OTA Update

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I installed the update on my Sprint Samsung GalaxyS Epic 4G this morning. Now I get the process error ("com.android.phone" has stopped...) everytime I receive a call. Any body else with this problem? Any suggestions?

it is a known issue since the update dropped and a very simple easy fix. I have seen a ton of phones run through our stores with this problem.

Menu > Settings > Call settings > Reject with message .. in this field ensure there are no more than 5 entries total. We have found that if there are more than 5 entries in the 'reject call with message' field the phone will throw the force close error when receiving incoming calls.

All you have to do is delete the entries and it should solve the problem.

Reactions: Orion72

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my update seems pretty solid. No fcs with incoming calls but the no scrolling wallpaper sucks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

fpresson

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I am in Houston, recieved update yesterd, now I cannot retrieve and incoming call! Get error message with option to forceclose. Help? Anyone? Dur! saw the re: reject calls....thanks!!

Any idea when/if scrolling wallpaper will be fixed? Miss my SOA wallpapers!!

Last edited:

danisnotstan

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I got the update yesterday and it appears to have gone smoothly. One thing to note... My phone was stock Gingerbread. I bought it used (not refurbished) and it was rooted with a stock rom. For some reason I just don't trust used rooted phones that I don't know all of the details about so I un-rooted it with Odin when I got it and returned it to Froyo. My phone force updated from Froyo to Gingerbread so I figured I would take the chance on the EL30 update while I had a chance to swap phones if there was a problem instead of being at work and having the update force itself and having a problem. One weird thing... when I un-rooted the phone, a day later it gave me a pop -up saying there was an update from "EL10 to EL02" which didn't make sense to go backwards. I hit update anyway and it didn't seem to do anything but get caught in a loop of asking me to update from one to the other. I hit ignore and would only get notified on reboot. Anyway... back to EL30... I tested incoming and out going calls and texts and both worked. This was at my house with my Airave, will have to test again when I leave for work. I use LauncherPro so my wallpaper still scrolls fine. I think the new call screen is confusing but it did work. I am willing to bet money that my wife would not be able to figure out how to answer a call... and she has an Evo Shift! I noticed my battery life was weaker the past 2 days.... probably due to downloading this update sloooowly in the background in poor service areas. My battery is usually really solid so I'm curious to see if there will be any change without CIQ. I really hope the keyboard "skipping" issue was fixed... that was annoying. I will update this post with any new findings.

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted but I'm having a problem. I was on EI22 and rooted. I received a OTA notification this morning for EL30. Since I'm rooted I couldn't do the OTA update so I Odin'd back to EC05. Upon finishing that it rebooted and I received an OTA update to EI22 which I did and it installed fine. Again, reboot and I choose Update Android and it shows the EL30 update and downloads. It then verifies and then says System up to date (but nothing was updated). I back out and attempt to Update Android again and again it downloads, verifies, but doesn't update. After several more attempts of this and a turn off/turn on it is now stuck in a Download failed setting. There is a Retry Download button that I press and it highlights blue to recognize my touch but it doesn't attempt to re-download. It doesn't look to do much of anything.

I've tried restarting and pulling the battery but everytime I choose Update Android now it shows the download failed and retry download button that does nothing.

Any suggestions?

EpicNewbie

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just received update notice in ATL this morning. I'm on CleanGB 1.0.3, so I've had to hit "Install Later" several times. Is CleanGB updated for EL30? I love this ROM.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted but I'm having a problem. I was on EI22 and rooted. I received a OTA notification this morning for EL30. Since I'm rooted I couldn't do the OTA update so I Odin'd back to EC05. Upon finishing that it rebooted and I received an OTA update to EI22 which I did and it installed fine. Again, reboot and I choose Update Android and it shows the EL30 update and downloads. It then verifies and then says System up to date (but nothing was updated). I back out and attempt to Update Android again and again it downloads, verifies, but doesn't update. After several more attempts of this and a turn off/turn on it is now stuck in a Download failed setting. There is a Retry Download button that I press and it highlights blue to recognize my touch but it doesn't attempt to re-download. It doesn't look to do much of anything.

I've tried restarting and pulling the battery but everytime I choose Update Android now it shows the download failed and retry download button that does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Have tried copy the official update to your SD card and updating manually?

(make sure you rename to update.zip and use the android recovery 3 button salute)

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo..._to_EL30.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13276923187341

firefyte01

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Received my update to EL30 at 1:30 EST.. Took only a few minutes to DL. Received a call and wasnt quite sure how to answer for a second and was suprised with the new incoming call screen.I am running GO Launcher EX and MagicLocker; everything seems to be working ok so far. The scrolling wallpaper is moving smoothly. Have not tried the GPS as of yet.
:D

demopedro

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I received my early this week (In MN) but have not had tome to mess with it....all I can tell you is I am SURE if you have ANY changes to your recovery mod, your phone is rooted, or even poss slighlty diff than stock...it will give you the error. (Pull battery and reboot)

DOES ANYONE EVEN KNOW WHAT this UPDATE contains? Maybe one of the custom rom's has ths update already?

I am still having an issue after installing the custom rec mod...and superuser...that my phone STILL says I am NOT ROOTED! (I have the superuser icon and all!!) So I am going to try to start from FROYO and move forward....(Spend the night w/ ODEN!) :'( Unless someone has advice....

I am going to start a diff post on an Idea I have on reinstating data and app's from the SLICK ACS recovery mod!:cool:

demopedro

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Search the web for "is my phone Rooted".....(Use "connectbot" from the market and search the web...you enter a command prompt and it will come bck with a $ or a # symbol...that will tell you if your rooted still)
Maybe Superuser didn't uninstall? I remember installing GB OTA...and I had a HECK of a time making sure I was NOT rooted!!! (you may even want to try it with a blank/spare SD card? I thought I had to do that for the GB OTA) Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to "unroot" for SURE?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellamcmil