Have Photon Questions? Ask 'em here

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering has anybody figured out how to save different "Scenes"- what it was called on the HTC EVO 4G- or different wallpapers? That was huge plus that I really enjoyed on my HTC EVO 4G having the ability to customize my home-screen with different wallpapers and changing to another saved picture that I had saved under my "Scenes"...does anybody know if this is possible with the Photon 4G? thank you.

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering has anybody figured out how to save different "Scenes"- what it was called on the HTC EVO 4G- or different wallpapers? That was huge plus that I really enjoyed on my HTC EVO 4G having the ability to customize my home-screen with different wallpapers and changing to another saved picture that I had saved under my "Scenes"...does anybody know if this is possible with the Photon 4G? thank you.

I'm guessing you'd have to use the Sprint ID feature to get a similar effect of HTC's multiple Scenes option. It's possible that some of the other 3rd part launchers allow this, as well, but I don't use any of them so I don't know.

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Well, I rightly appreciate everyone's help. Turns out, because I'm on an indirect agent plan, I can't return the phone for anything, anyway.

So I just S-OFF'd it, rooted it, and made some Lloyd splash screens. Here's to waiting for CM7...

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
hummm, something i have been avoiding was that sprint id feature, but i guess it would make sense to try...hopefully there's a simpler way.

mayo1024#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone asked this earlier and I don't see an answer. According to Motorola's site for the Photon it has an FM Tuner. Can anyone verify this? I don't see any apps that take advantage of this on the phone OOTB.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone asked this earlier and I don't see an answer. According to Motorola's site for the Photon it has an FM Tuner. Can anyone verify this? I don't see any apps that take advantage of this on the phone OOTB.

Yes, it does, and it's accessed in Moto's Music app. As usual, need to have headphones plugged in to act as antenna.

Reactions: mayo1024#AC

mayo1024#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it does, and it's accessed in Moto's Music app. As usual, need to have headphones plugged in to act as antenna.

I appreciate that. I just found a youtube video that mentioned that and was coming back to edit my post but you replied before I had a chance. Thanks!

Spektrum

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
People keep mentioning the panorama ability or effect or something on the photon, I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to access or use it? Does it require another application? I can't seem to find it

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
People keep mentioning the panorama ability or effect or something on the photon, I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to access or use it? Does it require another application? I can't seem to find it

Go into the camera app, press the menu button, and then select panorama mode.

peteracdm

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello Phil, well the issue i have is when iam scrolling the letters go out of focus and then back in, which when the blacks are deep this does really catch you eye.

vikster1

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
hello....i too used to have the HTC EVO 4G, and I just got my new Motorola Photon 4G in the mail...for the moment I have one question and i'm hoping is a quick fix as it was on the EVO 4G. When using the stock browser for the EVO if you go into settings it gives you the option to change the viewing format from desktop or mobile. I can't seem to find on that same option with the Motorola Photon 4G when using the stock browser, any suggestions on how to fix this...and yes i know i can always download another browser from the market, but before I do, I want to give this one a chance...thanks for the help.
There is a way to get the stock browser onto desktop view.
type in "about:debug" into the URL bar and click go, absolutely nothing will happen and you will remain on the same page. Now hit the menu button and go to settings go all the way down and you will see an option that says UAString click on this and it has all the options including desktop.

Also this doesn't seem to work for some websites. If its too frustrating just download something

However, if you restart your phone I think you have to go through all this again its annoying hopefully a fix comes.

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
WHERE is the micro SD card slot?

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but I cannot find a slot either externally or internally for a micro SD card on my Sprint Photon. The PDF at http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/motorola/motorola_photon/photon_by_motorola_ug.pdf, on page 60, shows it to be internal, just above the battery, and to the right of the SIM card slot.

In my phone there is a black chip-looking thing, and a shiny thing in that spot, rather than a memory card slot cover - let's see if I can insert a picture here of the back of my phone: http://professional-geek.net/personal/images/misc/sprint_photon_20110814_1.jpg.

Thanks,
Mark Edwards

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: WHERE is the micro SD card slot?

Lift up the chip-looking thing, it's a tab. Then, the SD card slides into the space directly across from the SIM.

When I try that, a thin piece of black plastic comes loose, which appears to be have been glued on over another chrome object. Are you SURE of this?

I suppose I should just stop by the Sprint store and let THEM break things instead of doing it myself (grin).

Thanks,
Mark Edwards

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

When I try that, a thin piece of black plastic comes loose, which appears to be have been glued on over another chrome object. Are you SURE of this?

I suppose I should just stop by the Sprint store and let THEM break things instead of doing it myself (grin).

Thanks,
Mark Edwards

Well, on mine, I lifted the black tab (which is connected via a thin strip to the phone) and slid my SD card underneath it and into the slot. Nothing was glued, though... ???

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, on mine, I lifted the black tab (which is connected via a thin strip to the phone) and slid my SD card underneath it and into the slot. Nothing was glued, though... ???

Same with mine. I had to take out the battery, I think. (Or maybe that was just for the SIM?) And it was odd to have that little rubber sheet that needed to be lifted aside. But nothing had to be broken or unglued in any way.

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Same with mine. I had to take out the battery, I think. (Or maybe that was just for the SIM?) And it was odd to have that little rubber sheet that needed to be lifted aside. But nothing had to be broken or unglued in any way.

Hmmm. Well, it's not under the battery like a previous (EVO?) phone had.All I can think of is that maybe the little chrome rectangle is somehow the microSD receptacle on the upper right in this image: http://professional-geek.net/personal/images/misc/sprint_photon_20110814_1.jpg ...

Mark Edwards

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not under the battery. But the battery was in the way of inserting either the sd or the SIM or both. They are next to the battery.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've just noticed this but my cursor get unsynced from the pointer for some reason when moving the cursor around the screen. Has anyone else seen this? It's not a deal breaker by any means, just strange and slightly annoying.

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helaheather7