Having Isssues with streaming audio via bluetooth and Toytoa Highlander

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site
New here to the boards and basically new to android all toghether.

I have been searching the web for a solution but have had no luck.

I have paired my HTC One "AT&T" with my 2012 Toyota Highlander. During the process I setup it up as a phone plus audio device. I can receive and make calls just fine without issue.

The problem is when I try to play pandora. No audio at all. Whats strange is thats its actually paired, i see the music symbol plus the connection strength bars on my console. It does not display any artist info or songs. When I play a song in pandora no audio on either my car or phone. Whats even stranger is I can use my car to skip songs in pandora but still no sound.

I have checked everything. Made sure bluetooth audio is setup in pandora. I have deleted my phone from toyota and the connection from my phone and repaired back up. Rebooted my phone.

Nothing seems to work.

Any of you guys experience this issue?

Any advice on how to fix it?

andostrd7

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2011 Tundra and am having the same issues. It's extremely annoying. I have also been searching the web and forums like AC and haven't found much info. Going to load music right to my one and try that to poss rule out it's our Toyota stereo. If not hopefully it's the 4.1.2 bug and that will be updated soon

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the stock music app play? I have 2013 tacoma and it works perfectly for the stock music app and google play music. I haven't tried pandora.

If you can play the other apps, then it would be an issue with pandora. If nothing plays, then I suspect a setup issue.

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I havent tried the stock music app, havent loaded any music on it. Mainly just use Pandora for my music but I will test and see.

Someone mentioned that maybe another app has the bluetooth audio channel locked up. I will check the running apps and see if anything else with audio is somehow running in the background. I would think a reboot would fix this though.

andostrd7

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I loaded some music right to the phone and as expected everything worked perfect! So that means it's an app issue and not a hardware compatibility issue. Spotify, Pandora and the internet radio in HTC drive all have issues in my case at least. How this helps. Will try my tablet later that has the same Spotify version but it's running 4.2.2

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S4 using my nearly new Kenwood BT car deck. Drove me nuts because my S3 worked fine with Pandora app. I emailed Pandora who tried to help but we didn't get too far. Then on a whim, I reset my car deck, then tried Pandora again and it all worked perfectly. Not sure if you can do that with you deck or not, but may be worth a try.

andostrd7

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I did even try to reset my stereo and still no luck. I have started a tech call with Spotify tech support and I will post any findings I get here

andostrd7

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just to keep you posted, I also have HTC support working on this issue and they seem to be pretty interested in the issue so I'll let ya know what they figure out

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I can stream from Pandora, Google Music, and Pod Casts apps just fine with my 2013 Explorer Ford Sync setup. I just needed to make sure my media volume setting on my One was turned up.

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So I was able to load some songs directly on the HTC One and it played just fine via bluetooth to my Toyota.

Im assuming a Pandora app issue?

Whats some other streaming radio apps i can test with?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Not a Toyota but I took the wife's Honda pilot out today and paired it up and had zero issues, I do not try pandora but google music worked flawless even passes song info to the dash :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

greg7673

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same issue for a couple months with my Droid Bionic and 2012 Tacoma. Streaming was fine before Jelly Bean and now I can only use Google Music. I've searched extensively and each thread ends with no solution. Here's what I've learned:
1. It seems to affect Jelly Bean/Toyota almost exclusively (I heard about a Subaru and an aftermarket stereo a few times)
2. The problem is the change from bluetooth standard AVRCP 1.0 to AVRCP 1.3 with Jelly Bean. For some reason newer Toyota stereos can't handle this. You may notice that before Jelly Bean the Toyota stereo said "streaming audio" for all music (Google, Pandora, Slacker, etc). Now, with JB, the song titles show up on the stereo (a 1.3 addition) and only Google music works. If you try to start Pandora it may play for a few seconds and then stops (while still progressing on the phone) and the Toyota stereo says "Pause." Once you see "Pause" it's all over. Starting Google music again will fix it but no other music player will work. I got Pandora to work the other day when I noticed the stereo said "streaming audio" again. Not sure why it did it but after starting the truck again it's back to the usual. Can't repeat this, track titles are showing again.

So, that's all the info I've collected. The addition of track titles with AVRCP 1.3 has killed the Toyota stereo functionality. I was considering bringing my truck to Toyota and telling them that my stereo is broken but it seems we may all have this problem. I hope someone smarter than me can take this info and come up with a solution.

Please help, this is bad.

RickB57

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Your not alone. I have a 2012 Kia Sorento that is doing the same thing. I strongly suspect its an app issue but just don't have the knowledge to debug.