Help! GS4 Stuck in a boot loop!

jamiethemac

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Help please! Yesterday I successfully rooted my 19505, so i did a nandroid backup to be on the safe side, and downloaded a few ROMs. I didn't flash any, instead i moved some apps to the sd card to clear out some space in the internal storage, including Rom Manager. I then booted in to recovery with the intention of flashing a rom, and that's where the problems started. When clockwork recovery appeared, I got a load of error messages like
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Now whenever I try to restore my backup, reboot, or flash a new rom the phone gets stuck at the Galaxy S4 screen and goes no further. All I can do is boot in to recovery or in to download mode. Please Help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess, I think your recovery didn't flash properly, or (this is more likely from what I understand) the stock recovery hijacked your custom one. So, as I understand, at this point you have two recoveries that are conflicting and giving a boot error.

Probably the best thing to do is to try to reflash your stock recovery in ODIN.

jamiethemac

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to go to the Samsung website, download the correct firmware for my phone and region. I extracted it, that gave me a home.tar file which I then flashed through Odin. I then flashed philZ clockworkmod recovery, booted in to recovery, and flashed Omega ROM. My phone now works perfectly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had to go to the Samsung website, download the correct firmware for my phone and region. I extracted it, that gave me a home.tar file which I then flashed through Odin. I then flashed philZ clockworkmod recovery, booted in to recovery, and flashed Omega ROM. My phone now works perfectly.

Thanks for the follow up. Glad it all worked out. See you in the forums.

jamiethemac

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question while you're here, will my nandroid backups made with PhilZ clockworkmod work with normal clockworkmod?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question while you're here, will my nandroid backups made with PhilZ clockworkmod work with normal clockworkmod?

I think so. Its not like one is CWM and the other is TWRP.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

leon jones

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
my gt-i9505 on tesco carrier (united Kingdom) is also on the same problem you had but cannot find the firmware i need anywhere coud anyone send me a link to the correct firmware??
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kunal Pandya