Help!!- Trouble rooting Droid X with .621

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Good evening people,
To start off, I don't need to mention it,( because I'm sure you can tell, that I'm a complete noob at all of this), am currently using a Droid X, with the (forced update).621. I am not liking my current provider, so, I plan on switching carriers soon. In the mean time, I am trying to learn how to root my phone, and flash the rom. I think I have got myself into a corner. I successfully rooted my phone, using a borrowed rooting program. I then downloaded the titanium backup from the website and put it on my SD card. I also downloaded a couple of ROMs which I planned on trying out later. I then downloaded Clockwork Mod's Droid X bootstrap recovery pay version, and the rom manager pay version.
So far, I have run the bootstrap recovery,
-flashed clockwork mod recovery
-tried to reboot into recovery mode.
Now when the program tried to reboot into recovery mode, the screen goes this eery color of grey and sits there until I pull the battery. Nothing happens. Is there anyone out there who can help me figure out where I am going wrong?

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?
Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is anyone still using the Droid X, or is it too old and antiquated?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Question for you, what happens to the apps that I have downloaded. I allready did a factory reset, and it was a pain in the keister to pre- download all the apps I once had, and get the settings to where I want them. Second, have you heard about this for. 621,: 621_stock_rooted_deodexed_kY-Signed.zip
I read it will help with flashing a new rom for this update. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can help, but I did everything you said from your link. I think the phone is stuck in boot loop. It boots only up to the M logo, then freezes. If I pull the battery, I can get it into the bootloader menu, if that helps me any. I must have tried to install a bad file.

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did wipe the cache. Thank you for the link, but I'm primarily using a Mac. Do you have another link for osx 10? I am unable to get it past the Motorola Logo screen, unless I pull the battery. I can, however get to the bootloader screen. Does this mean I have to push a rom onto the phone from my mac?

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I went to click on your "ezsbf" link, and it looks like someone messed with it. It goes to some bogus web page about cell phones. Do you have any other links for me to try. Yes, I ported my number to the x? I had brand new in box. Which as it turns out, I rooted without knowing. I am not going to try to mess with this one too much until I figure out what went wrong with the other one. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
can you quote the link, I'm not sure which one you are referring to
you want the DX2 ezSBF or DX ezSBF
was it this one ezSBF/ RSD lite/ SBFs/ moto drivers by 1KDS
if so just use the alt site
looks like 1kds.tk is down

edit:
Which as it turns out, I rooted without knowing.
how did you do that? you have to run a program to root

Last edited:

Speedmcs3

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I took the stock x? right out of the box, and used the program I was given to try and root it. It didn't do the same thing that the dx did with re-starting three times. I thought if didn't take. When I switched over, fully, I found the superuser program in the app tray. That's when I realized I successfully rooted the x?.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63