help with update...

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
hi im new here but i bricked my galaxy vibrant completely and my girlfriend gave me a sprint lg optimus from sprint that has a bad esn. her mom didnt pay the bill and gave it to her as a play phone. she gave it to me so i can listen to music, text with apps, and play games, until i get a new phone. i cant upgrade to 2.3.3 via ota so i was wondering is there any way to do it? it turns wifi off and wont update when i do do it. thanks for all help. btw its rooted, but i dont know how to use adb so i didnt install custom recovery.

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks a ton! i got it done in about 20 minutes thanks to you :) i only have one question, i googled the 2.3.3 fgor optimus s and it said i should have a task manager via hold home button, like the galaxy s on froyo, but i dont have it. any idea why?

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks a ton! i got it done in about 20 minutes thanks to you :) i only have one question, i googled the 2.3.3 fgor optimus s and it said i should have a task manager via hold home button, like the galaxy s on froyo, but i dont have it. any idea why?

I have tried pretty much used all the roms for this phone, and the hold home feature is always recently used apps list. which i prefer, but i have never seen it different.

unless thats what you mean by task manager, if you dont see it then something is off.

sneakysnake16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have tried pretty much used all the roms for this phone, and the hold home feature is always recently used apps list. which i prefer, but i have never seen it different.

unless thats what you mean by task manager, if you dont see it then something is off.

i meant that it says task killer under those recent apps but oh well not a big deal :) thanks for the help