Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
What screen protector is everyone using? I applied a Zagg shield for Kindle, but since it was my first time using the applicator solution, I messed up and have lots of smudges. LOL. Anyone tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2864351

Sent from my rooted Hisense Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk HD.

I'm using a zagg shield on mine. I got the kindle fire version and it fits perfect. I had best buy put it on as they usually install them for free and do a good job. Also' if it ever starts to cone off, I just take it back up there and get it replaced. I also have the i-Blason case for mine.

Posted via Android Central App

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is the Zagg shield reusable?

Can I try taking it off and apply it again after cleaning/washing it?

Anyways, have ordered the I-blason case and the illumishield screen protector from amazon. The case will be in stock on 20th June. Will let you guys know about the screen protector once it arrives and IF I manage to put it on successfully this time... LOL

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I still don't get why you need a screen protector on a tablet when it is in a case. Whats going to scratch it, your fingernail?

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm just tired of cleaning it up all the time after using it. The screen protector will help in resisting the finger prints.

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I still don't get why you need a screen protector on a tablet when it is in a case. Whats going to scratch it, your fingernail?
I managed to scratch my iPhone screen right after I got it, there musta been a tiny piece of grit on the screen when I was wiping fingerprints off that I didn't/couldn't see:(

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm just tired of cleaning it up all the time after using it. The screen protector will help in resisting the finger prints.
I got one of the iblason bubble free ones its not crystal BUT it could be easy to put on even for a fumble fingered dummy like me and it don't show near the fingerprints as without it. I just had to get used to the way it took away some brightness. I figger the tradeoff is worth it to me;) it may not be for anyone else! Even with the film on it I only run the brightness at around 30% and its fine for me.

Last edited:

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ms. Vicky where did you find this card? I can find class 10 micro SD cards but not the same SKU:(
Hmm, I wonder if it was a discontinued model. I was surprised to find such a low price at a brick and mortar store. I got mine at Meijers which is a big walmart like chain in the midwest. I think a big name like SanDisk probably has enough quality control that any of their micro SD products would be okay regardless of the SKU . The first few days around the launch, there were many reports of the SD cover not reseating and SD cards not being recognized. I suspect that SD card covers were damaged during opening, but it could also be the size of the micro SD card being out of tolerance. I had some chinese electronics that came with their own no name batteries, and when I needed to replace the batteries with name brand batteries, the covers would no longer close due to microscopic size variations in the size between the noname and the brandname. So I was very leary of what brand to buy. And very careful when it came to opening the cover. I wish Hisense had given a speed rating for the microSD. There are cards faster that a C10. I didn't want to slow down my tablet, with slow storage. I also wanted something that would be recognized. Again in the first few days there were a lot of reports of SD cards not being recognized. However there were lots of people using a C10 Sandisk. So that is what I bought. And it was recognized without having to do anything.

Its interesting to me, that even though these products are only a few weeks old, the number of negative comments have dramatically dropped. Its almost as though the initial negative problems were trying to hinder the launch of the tablet. They need not have bothered, Walmart is doing a fine job of hindering the launch! The more units that get into the hands of users, the more positive we can rely on the comments we read.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping going without a screen protector will promote better health. :D Handwashing really does keep a person healthy, and I have been washing my hands a lot more to try to keep the fingerprints off the screen. Still have to clean the screen 2x a day though. This really is a fingerprint magnet. Tell me again, why does Microsoft want me to touch my computer monitor on my desktop? :mad:

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
For some weird reason my SD card cover doesn't "seat" properly either. Oh well, we know the Nexus 7 doesn't have that problem! l'll make you a bet, go pick up the new Nexus MeMo Pad 172v. It's the new lowered priced Nexus 7" tablet, It has 32 GB installed for $149 with an SD slot for another 32gb! However, I promise you will throw rocks at it compared to this Hisense...but the build quality is great.

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

Where have you seen the MeMo Pad 172v with 32 GB on board? Also, aren't the screen and the cpu different too?

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

I've always trusted and liked Zagg shields. Cuts down on finger prints, makes the screen easier to clean. Different boats for different folks.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

subron

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the TV remote app to work? tried to use on my Hisense smart TV model KLED K366. when trying to pair Said " Conectable device not found". TV is up and running ok on my wireless network.

I sent Hisense an email about this issue a few days ago no reply yet.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I actually bought an Asus memo pad 172v and liked it initially but returned it after a couple of days. It was priced at $149 for a 32gb 7" tablet which was appealing, and it was a nicely made product. However, it is very inferior to the hisense in two critical areas, screen display quality and CPU/graphics speed and ability. For example, the Angry Birds game would actually "stutter"during play. This is a pretty simple game from a graphics standpoint, so you could imagine what a more complex 3d game looked like. Also the screen display had to be viewed exactly straight on, or you lost all kinds of clarity, and it's resolution at best was really inferior to the hisense. Now Asus has announced an updated version of this same memo pad that will come out very soon that looks like it will be a competitor to the Hisense based on the specs I've seen. They are dramatically improving the two areas of concern, the CPU/GPU, and the display quality. It's going to be $129 for 8gb and $149 for 16gb.

Sent from my BNTV600 using AC Forums mobile app

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping going without a screen protector will promote better health. :D Handwashing really does keep a person healthy:
I don't know if I should take this as a hint LMAO but I will say I was only having to cleanse MY screen every two DAYS prior to adding the screen protector;) BTW I'm still laughing at ur post too funny!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967