Home Screen Notifications Render Issue

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi All,

I am encountering an issue with my OnePlus 9 phone, notice the clipping of the news tiles:

Screenshot_2023-08-22-06-33-31-51.jpg

This has been happening for many months now. I have been waiting for an update to fix this, but this is not happening so pinging here for any suggestions. Everything else is working pretty well with this unit now.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you @Bkdodger1 & @mustang7757 for your assistance. My phone is super basic without any modifications to it. Maybe the only thing I can think of is creating a business image (I think it was) for Google Voice to work properly for another issue. If I could undo this I would but that is irreversible as I understand once done. I do not think that has anything to do with this issue (but who knows)

To answer your questions:

1. I have not seen this with any tiles but Google News
2. Android 13 July 5 2023 update

Please let me know of any further information and I will assist.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for that suggestion @Bkdodger1 that sounds like a good first step. I did this yesterday and await a notification to determine the results. For some reason, it is taking its time here. I will update here with the results.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately @Bkdodger1 the issue persists. :(
Have you tried a cache partition wipe in the recovery menu? It's good to do that after every phone update as maintenance... it can often help strange problems like this, especially one's that come up after an update.

Also you could try resetting your app preferences... that sets all your app settings back to default.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion @JDubbs ... I think resetting app preferences is a good first step.

I tried following these directions to reset app preferences:

However, this is what I see (I do not see All Apps):

Screenshot_2023-09-05-08-16-28-02_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Under App Management, reset is not to be found in the menu:
1693916552555.png

Finally, I did a search for Reset app settings/preferences and the only thing that popped up was Reset All Preferences. Open to other suggestions. Thank you again to everyone for your assistance here.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Have you changed your font or font size? Also, did make any changes in 'Developer options' ("Smallest width" in particular, which can also have a small effect on vertical)?

Does tapping the down-arrow on the notification expand it and look normal? Are you using a non-OEM launcher?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion @JDubbs ... I think resetting app preferences is a good first step.

I tried following these directions to reset app preferences:

However, this is what I see (I do not see All Apps):

View attachment 355850

Under App Management, reset is not to be found in the menu:
View attachment 355851

Finally, I did a search for Reset app settings/preferences and the only thing that popped up was Reset All Preferences. Open to other suggestions. Thank you again to everyone for your assistance here.
Unfortunately I've never used a OnePlus phone, so I'm not sure how to access that setting on it ☹️ but maybe @mustang7757 can help... he's owned about everything 😉

But I would definitely try it, it's fixed some very strange problems for me in the past 👍

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I've never used a OnePlus phone, so I'm not sure how to access that setting on it but maybe @mustang7757 can help... he's owned about everything

But I would definitely try it, it's fixed some very strange problems for me in the past
Haha

I have to check tomorrow on my One plus device it's been awhile since I have used it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54