HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
*SCREENSHOTS-page33-post-323-big thanks to Fazulka.*
If you have problems with the rom,please post in this thread don't start another.Thanks.Read this post before flashing.
This is based off the official RUU from Sprint and OTA.I have added wireless tether and custom memory management.(Its like a built in task killer,but in the good way).So no need for ATK.I have also put all bloatware in data/app,so it can be removed with a file manager like Astro.There is three different versions to choose from. New OTA -beta is deodex and old school a2sd.

**How to delete bloatware with Astro**
Open astro>press menu>select tools>application manager>choose what you want to backup/delete.

**TIPS-A couple things I do that seem to help with any lag.
1.turn vibrate when typeing off.
2.calibrate the keyboard.
3.Don't use a task killer-use something like (android system info)from market to keep a eye on system info.

**Why does IcedHoneyBun have less free memory then HoneyBun?-
•Entire rom has been de-odexd.
◦An odex file is basically a chunk of source code that has already been extracted from the apk and put on /system/. This is done to speed up the first boot of a rom (you know how your first boot takes a long time… that’s while it is extracting all of these dex files) and also to save space on /data/. Our stock sprint rom comes with this odex files to give you those benefits, however it also prevents us from “hacking” those files and modifying them. This build has taken all those odex files and injected them back in the apk’s. So expect a slower first boot, and more space taken up on /data/, but you get benefits from it such as the vanilla lock screen being fixed and live wallpapers in Rosie.(thanks flipzmode for copy&paste)

***If after flashing you don't have all your stock widgets do this-- Go to settings>applications>htc sense>clear data. That will reset rosie/sense and your widgets should now appear.(Thanks danidiva)

What's the difference in the roms you ask???
HoneyBun=Has odex files,pretty much stock.
IcedHoneyBun-Is deodexed
IcedHoneyBun or HoneyBun-has the newer apps2sd that tkirton has built.To learn more about the new a2sd or to say thanks to tkirton for all his hard work. [APP] Darktremor A2SD (Apps2SD) version 2.7 Update 3 (2010-06-22) - xda-developers

New OTA beta-1
Deodex-Thanks nfinitefx
More info http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=364814#post364814

Download Iced-beta-1- http://www.mediafire.com/?9emaite8lxuwmed

Shouldn't need to wipe,if coming from v.1 to v.2(thanks to flipfone for reminding me that he doesn't like to wipe).lol :p if having problems then try a wipe.If flashing v.3 wipe everything to avoid any problems.

HoneyBun-v.420-f-Has odex files
HoneyBun-v.420-f.zip

IcedHoneyBun-v.420-f-deodex
IcedHoneyBun-v.420-f.zip

If you want to over clock go here- http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-roms-hacks/14675-overclocking-2-1-a.html Big thanks to darchstar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If coming from anyother version then friend-v.1,then you will have to wipe everything,sorry-thanks to The Mac for catching it.
IcedHoneyBun.v.Friend.2-- IcedHoneyBun-v.Friend.2.zip thanks to urushiol
Shouldn't have top wipe but if you get errors then you will have to wipe.
If stock widgets are not there on boot or you can't see the widgets from htc then do this.Settings>applications>manage applications>htc sense>clear data. That should refresh sense and then all the widget should show.

IcedHoneyBun-v.Friend.3-has new a2sd
IcedHoneyBun-v.Friend.3.zip

Stock Keyboard- 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Stock-Keyboard.zip

I used some files from damage/treves newest release,Thanks guys.Thanks to flipfone for being a great/helpful guy and for testing;)
(This has friendstream,don't flash the su or facebook fix they already in place.)
****IF the OTA from Sprint does come threw please cancel it
BIG Thanks to Jschisurf from xda for helping get this deodexed.
Thanks to gbhil for providing us/me with all the great material to learn how to do stuff like this.Thanks to rufflez,big thanks to flipfone<-his a great guy.Thanks to Dreak from SDK developers.*Thanks to nfinitefx45 for all his help

*For the radio that came with the official ruu go here- http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-roms-hacks/13383-new-radio.html

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
reserved for my add-ons:)

Beezy's AC- 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Beezys-AC.zip :)
Only flash over IcedHoneybun.Screenshots later,but its the same as my ac rosie just made for the deodexed version.

EspressoBlue- 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download EspressoBlue-2.1.zip
EspressoClearLockBar- Espresso-ClearLockBar.zip
EspressoGreen- Stock-Color-Espresso-Hero.zip
EspressoGreeanClearLockbar- Stock-Color-Clear-Espresso.zip

(will get different versions of the lockbar up soon;)

Clear LockBar for Iced- Hero-ClearLockBar.zip
Clear LockBar for HoneyBun- HoneyBun-ClearLockBar.zip
XKeyboard-XKeyboard.zip

For Livewallpapers(only for ICED)

Last edited:

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey beezy. Can you elaborate a little more on what is different about this rom vs kool aid please? I just installed kool aid and wondering if I should switch.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey beezy. Can you elaborate a little more on what is different about this rom vs kool aid please? I just installed kool aid and wondering if I should switch.

There really isn't that much dirrerent,just a different build.prop and i think the sprint navi. is a round icon thats about it.Id say wait till i get the deodexed version up then try it.;)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
For those that don't get deodexed vs odexed:
Deodexed allows for all the customization available now. For example:
Live Wallpapers, Themes, boot screens, custom fonts.... All of those flashable items won't work on this ROM at the moment, but will be when the Deodexed ROM is out.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Beezy,

The Facebook link in people is broken. It wont let you set up an account.

Cant from settings either.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post a Mirror. I can't download from 4shared.com from my job.

Thanks,

coldheat06

download it with your phone and use root explorer to move it to root. that's what i do with the smaller stuff, but should work with the bigger stuff if you have the time to wait.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Beezy,

The Facebook link in people is broken. It wont let you set up an account.

Cant from settings either.

Yeah i kind of did that on purpose cause it never syncd right,but ill get something together to put it back.You can sign into the app.

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey beezy if i was going to flash this honeybun ROM would i have to reflash the overclock also? I just flashed the overclock and my phone is super fast so i am tempted not to mess with it to much even though i do want to try this new rom :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey beezy if i was going to flash this honeybun ROM would i have to reflash the overclock also? I just flashed the overclock and my phone is super fast so i am tempted not to mess with it to much even though i do want to try this new rom :)

Yeah you would have to reflash the oc zip after flashing.