How can I restore my data in my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1?

A

AC Question

Hello,
I have had a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 for around 3, 4 years now, with all kinds of stuff on it. It's had (hardware) issues with turning/staying on sometimes, since, according to what I heard, this model often didn't have the battery tightly in place.

All that aside, a few days ago, when I turned it on, all its apps, including the Google ones, were gone; the only thing remaining were the system apps and Samsung stuff. The Storage was still filled, and they appeared in the app manager, but with com.appname.etc names and taking 0,00B. Not only that, but personal files (photos, music) appear gone as well, and when plugged in to a PC, they aren't accessible either (in fact most folders are gone).

What do I do? I don't want to lose everything :(

Davide

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27393

In general, if you start noticing that your device is having trouble turning or staying on, it's a good idea to make sure all important data is backed up or synced, since that can be a warning sign that the device is going to fail soon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just throwing a guess in here, but it appears that the tab did a factory reset. If it did, you'd have to root it, then install a file recovery program (DiskDigger undelete works well, but you'd need the paid version to recover anything but pictures). You won't recover everything (rooting and installing an app both can overwrite deleted files), but you should recover most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere