How come all of my images are in my default gallery app but not in My Files?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy J3 and I've recently noticed that my device folders haven't been showing up. When I go to my default gallery app all of my images are there, but when I try to send someone an image that folder doesn't have all of the images. For example, I have a folder with 340 images but it'll only show 40 of them. I've also noticed that in my google photos it only shows some of my device folders. I've tried going into the device folders in the settings but they're still not there. I've also tried going through the My Files app and my device folders are either empty or not all of them are there. I connected my phone to my laptop and deleted all of the .nomedia files. I've also restarted my phone a couple of times and nothing is working. What could I do to fix this? If there's any questions please let me know. Thank you!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have a samsung galaxy J3 and I've recently noticed that my device folders haven't been showing up. When I go to my default gallery app all of my images are there, but when I try to send someone an image that folder doesn't have all of the images. For example, I have a folder with 340 images but it'll only show 40 of them. I've also noticed that in my google photos it only shows some of my device folders. I've tried going into the device folders in the settings but they're still not there. I've also tried going through the My Files app and my device folders are either empty or not all of them are there. I connected my phone to my laptop and deleted all of the .nomedia files. I've also restarted my phone a couple of times and nothing is working. What could I do to fix this? If there's any questions please let me know. Thank you!
Hi , if you can register a account here me or other members would be happy to assist you.
Did you see in my files DCIM folder?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if any of the photos that show up in your Gallery app are backed up in the cloud (like in your Google Photos cloud library, or Samsung Cloud)? If so, the Gallery app might be showing you those photos because it's synced to the cloud, but you can't find them locally stored on the phone with your file manager because they were backed up to the cloud and then deleted from local storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so for example, in the folder where you say you see 340 images in the Gallery app, but it only shows you 40 of them when you try to share them -- is it possible that the other 300 were backed up to your Samsung Cloud, then subsequently deleted from local phone storage? If the Gallery app is synced with Samsung Cloud and can therefore show the photos saved to your cloud, that might be why you only see the 40 locally saved images when you try to save. Most of the time, the Share option can't access your cloud storage directly -- it can only share images saved on local storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174