how do I delete the preloaded bookmarks?

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
LG Optimus T, no option to delete bookmark in the menu for the preloaded ones like web2go, myTmobile, CNN, some others. Any advice on how to get rid of these, or should I just use another browser? I have searched this forum and only find answers for people with rooted phones, which mine is not. Thanks.

mar11974

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MyBookmarks from the market is what I used to delete them, then uninstall MyBookmarks. If you do root your phone you can use TitaniumBackup to backup your bookmarks to your sd card (if you ever do a factory restore, you can root again and use TitaniumBackup to restore YOUR bookmarks and get rid of THEIR bookmarks.)

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
MyBookmarks from the market is what I used to delete them, then uninstall MyBookmarks. If you do root your phone you can use TitaniumBackup to backup your bookmarks to your sd card (if you ever do a factory restore, you can root again and use TitaniumBackup to restore YOUR bookmarks and get rid of THEIR bookmarks.)
There are two MyBookmarks apps - one is to import from Chrome PC to phone, the other is to export from phone to Chrome PC. Is either of these apps what you're talking about? One is by Rerware, LLC, the other by Dan Trevino.

mar11974

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MyBookmarks Rerware, LLC

ss-320-0-3