How do I forward an email to a group?

zagfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can forward a Gmail to an individual contact but can't figure out how to forward it to a contact group. Seems simple but won't work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Click the Forward link at the bottom of the email, then type the name?of the group in the "To" box. Gmail should pop up a list and?automatically put in all the members of that group.?

zagfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I understand, however gmail does not recognize my "group" contacts. It only recognizes my individual contacts.

It works on my computer but not on my phone.

I have researched this and found that others have had the same problem.

zagfan

Turbo Turnip

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
I can forward a Gmail to an individual contact but can't figure out how to forward it to a contact group. Seems simple but won't work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It's now 5 years since this question was asked and it seems we are no further forward. I have just tried to forward an email to a group and still can't see the way. Has anyone managed it?

zen2go

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
It's now 5 years since this question was asked and it seems we are no further forward. I have just tried to forward an email to a group and still can't see the way. Has anyone managed it?

It's not just forwarding to a group - sending a message to a group also works in the browser, but not in the Android app.

Last edited by a moderator: