How do I get Wi Fi to start on Boot?

djrnewcastle

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys & gals,
I am looking for a way to get my wifi to start on boot. I hate going to the settings every time especially when some programs start searching for the
connection automatically. I didn't know if there was a setting or an app to get it going. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought that if you have wifi on when you power down, it will be on when you power on again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought that if you have wifi on when you power down, it will be on when you power on again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

That's what I thought, just didn't feel like powering down my phone to check.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't matter. I think any Android device remembers what state its wifi, Bluetooth, or mobile data (if available) was in when you power it off and then power it back on again. Have you tried it on your Nook?

djrnewcastle

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yes i have, but when i reboot i have to turn the wifi back on. just figured there was a setting somewhere that i may have accidentally turned off or something to that effect

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Must be something specific to the Nook or to the rooting. I just tested it out on my Razr Maxx and my N7, and both remember if the wifi, Bluetooth, or mobile data were on or off when powered off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88