How does One UI 5.x with or without Good Lock compare to third party Launchers on the S23 Ultra?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried to use it for about ten minutes before going back to nova lol.

It isn't bad by any means, it's just not as good.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using One UI and Good Lock with my S22U for the whole time, it was one of the first things I downloaded onto my S23U. I really enjoy good lock features.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use it for about ten minutes before going back to nova lol.

It isn't bad by any means, it's just not as good.

Have you tried to use UI 5.1 with Android 13? I keep hearing about the new features.

Although it may just be catch up as compared to Nova or one of the other Launchers

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to use UI 5.1 with Android 13? I keep hearing about the new features.

Although it may just be catch up as compared to Nova or one of the other Launchers
Nova probably already has those feature probably has had those features for a long time already

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I was playing with it on my S23U with homeup enabled. It doesn't really seem any different than last time I used it to be honest... Maybe I'm missing something.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even give OneUI a chance really. Used it on my Fold 3 and have been itching to get back to Nova since the customizations are far more superior than OneUI. Not that OneUI is garbage, because it does work for a great many people, but not for me. I want to use more of the space I have than the normal customizations offered will allow me.

If they would implement ONE feature that I use in Nova more than any, multiple icon dock pages, then I might try it again.

I am one of those that like to keep my home screen as clutter-free as possible. I don't like using the app drawer for my most used apps either, so I like the Dock Screens:

dock01.jpg
dock02.jpg
dock03.jpg

This allows me to have quick access to all my apps that I use regularly and keep my screen clutter free. :)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Good lock you able to do more customization to the stock launcher if you like to stick with it otherwise something like Nova just going to be little more beyond that

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app
I like Theme Park for using 3rd party icons and customising colours of unthemed icons.

I don't use Nova because I want to use my Google feed when swiping right which doesn't work in Nova.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I like Theme Park for using 3rd party icons and customising colours of unthemed icons.

I don't use Nova because I want to use my Google feed when swiping right which doesn't work in Nova.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
You need to download the Google companion app then you get google to left on Nova

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe