How many Evos' running just fine after update.

timtim#AC

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So who is running just fine after the update. Reading a lot of errors and none saying mine works fine.

Well mine works just fine even on flash sites.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working fine now. Had bad battery drain issue at first. Reset some sync settings, all seems well now.

Tried out Flash for the first time and I must admit it worked pretty well. On-demand is the perfect compromise for when you need it IMO. I don't plan on using Flash much but love that I have the option.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Jury is still out on battery life since no app killers seen to work with Froyo. Otherwise, I couldn't be mire pleased.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ran all day without a single issue (not that I had issues prior to the update). Haven't really noticed any major changes, aside from a slight change in the txt mssg interface. The flashlight app is nice but insignificant IMO. Didn't notice any battery life improvement today vs. a typical day with 2.1. I would like to have the option to turn sense UI off so I can "see" Froyo in its vanilla state. I was really psyched for this update but haven't been overly impressed.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with the Eclair or the Froyo. I think that the phone is just perfect. No issues. It just keeps getting better and better. It is unfortunate that there are some others who are having bad luck with their updates. But I am not one of them. Extremely happy

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No battery problems for me. The only really irritating thing is that some apps are showing up as running in the background in Advanced Task Manager that weren't running in Eclair (eg: MediaFly, Quick App Clean Cache, Maps). And I don't know how to get them to stop.

Last edited:

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Had to reconfigure a few things on both my and my wife's EVO but nothing terribly difficult. I've enjoyed the update. Our EVOs are definitely snappier all the way around (example - bringing up bookmarks). I like the UI tweaks in messaging and also like having all volume controls on same screen (ringer, media, alarms, notifications). I like being able to set apps to auto update. There are little improvements in many areas. Don't expect more from a .1 bump.

Only things I had to work through were getting my apps to show up as downloads in the Market (simply powered phone off and back on and they showed up), reconfiguring update frequency for apps like news, stocks, etc to conserve battery. Reworking the 'display as' setting for each contact I have syncing from my MS Outlook account as they flipped to first/last order and I wanted last/first order, and re-doing Swype (uninstalling, reinstalling installer from the original beta invite I received, then reinstalling Swype from the Swype installer). Those were about all of the tweaks I had to make following the 2.2 update. I don't consider any of them 'issues'. Really pleased with the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsenpower