How scratch resistant is the DInc battery cover and camera lens?

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to go case-less with my DInc especially with those new red and white battery covers available. Just wondering if any of you guys that go case-less could tell me how well the cover and camera lens hold up to day to day use?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My camera lens has a very small scratch on it and I've dropped my phone a few times. The case itself will scuff up pretty easy if you are on a rough surface. Remember both are made from plastic.

Momo#AC

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Invisible shield from Zagg... pain to put on, looks a little orange peely, but worth it in my opinion. Plus, you don't notice the orange peel effect at ALL when using the phone. I don't think they have a piece for the lens...but worth a shot.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah I agree zagg is a pita to put on but worth it to me . As far as putting a lens protector on tho that probably wouldnt work without distorting your picture . I had a otterbox defender case for my blackberry and it came with a plastic wrapp to cover the entire phone before you placed in the hard case and I had to cut a hole out for the lens to keep the picture for being distorted

Droid_fan_Evo

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
scratching on the droid incredible

I got a nice, textured plastic ring off of Amazon for the same purpose regarding the HTC Evo. It works great. I've had a few cases still fit around it, though ultimately I don't like using a case and leave them off.

has anyone else tried the "evo lens protector" from Cell Innovations? I wonder if there is another place to buy it, I can't find it. Their website says nothing.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a snap on back case but since I got the 1800 mAH battery and it still is thin, but I alternate with the batteries, haven't been using the case. It is tough to get it off. I have ordered a red battery door and waiting for it to arrive. I would like to find a nice case to slip it into but haven't found one. I am really careful with my phone, don't have any scratches on it.....but I will use the snap on case maybe later on again. I like switching things out cause I get bored. I am on the look out for a case though, would love to find one.

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Best case IMO is the Seidio Innocase II Surface, it slips on and off easily, but is secure. The surface of the case is just a little thicker than the lens, so when dropped an a relatively flat surface (parking lot or sidewalk) it protects the lens, and same for the touch screen. I picked up the Innocase Rugged Combo Value Pack, for $69.95, it gives you the Innocase II Surface, plus a holster, the Rugged skin & skeleton (the skin is thick rubber that fits over the Innocase II surface, and the skeleton goes over the rubber), plus a second holster that works with the Rugged skin.

seidioonline.com

BD5-HKR5HDDN-3.jpg

Won't do you much good to show off your red batter cover, but I've dropped mine in a parking lot and driveway with no damage. I use the Innocase II Surface & holster day to day, and when I'll be somewhere needing more protection add the Rugged skin & holster. Maybe give them a call and see if you can get the combo with a color other than the standard black.

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine several times and the back cover is fine. The screen, however, has a 3mm or so scratch now that my finger nail catches on every time I am using the touchscreen. Its more annoying than anything....

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have had happen to my phone is that the silver letters "HTC" on the back of the battery door have all come out. Probably from repeatedly removing my DInc from my case. Other than that, not a scratch to my camera lens, or any other part of the phone. I have a pack of 3 clear screen protectors that came with the phone when I bought it in May. Still using the same one that was put on the screen with no problems.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just notices my old thread got revived lol. An update on myself: been without a case for some time now with no issues. I was using the normal black battery cover and it never really got bet up. Now I am using a red cover and it's been really good too. The camera lens does not seem to be getting beat up either.

I really just slip it in my pocket where nothing else goes in to and I am careful when I put it down as to try and keep it safe. Love the way the device feels without a case. Good luck to the rest of you going "naked" lmao.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao