How serious is the light bleed issue

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I currently have the Moto Z Force, and have been thinking of switching to the LG G7 for the Quad Dac, always on display, and the camera. I've read a lot about the phone including some some reports of light bleed issues with the screen. These all seem to be dated from June so I was wondering is this still a thing for the G7 and if so how serious is it really?

cooper_m22

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Moto Z Force, and have been thinking of switching to the LG G7 for the Quad Dac, always on display, and the camera. I've read a lot about the phone including some some reports of light bleed issues with the screen. These all seem to be dated from June so I was wondering is this still a thing for the G7 and if so how serious is it really?
I just picked up 3 LG G7 and they are all fine. I think it was just early release models. I also came from the MOTO Z Force.

cooper_m22

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. How do you like the G7 as compared to the Moto Z?
The stock launcher. I switched out for Nova. Other than that it's not that bad. I do miss being able to shake the phone and turn on the lights for the camera and use them as a flashlight.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. How do you like the G7 as compared to the Moto Z?
I also came from the Moto Z Force and can easily attest that I do not regret moving to the G7. I am a long-time Nova fan, but I wanted to give the stock launcher a fair shot. So far, I've been managing especially since LG built in the notification pull-down and double-tap to lock.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I also came from the Moto Z Force and can easily attest that I do not regret moving to the G7. I am a long-time Nova fan, but I wanted to give the stock launcher a fair shot. So far, I've been managing especially since LG built in the notification pull-down and double-tap to lock.
I originally was a Microsoft user and do miss the double tap feature.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Zero light bleed on mine.
Just about every model of phone will have some reports of light bleed it seems. Just variances in build and tolerances.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's LCD, and light bleed is a well known possible defect of using that tech. Since they're making millions of screens, there are bound to be a few lemons that slip through QC. They have a two year warranty anyway.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is very likely to get a light bleed model. Haven't heard too many cases of them in my travels around the forums.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The stock launcher. I switched out for Nova. Other than that it's not that bad. I do miss being able to shake the phone and turn on the lights for the camera and use them as a flashlight.
I don't know if you've noticed, but you canpoor the flashlight on your always on display for easy access.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Also, I have two day-one T-Mobile G7s, and they both have varying degrees of light bleed. By the time I realized it was an actual thing, the 15 period had past and T-Mobile told me I'd have to swap mine for refurbs since that period had passed. I would tell you to check out the bottom of your screen just to the right of center for screen bleed, use a white image because it makes it more noticeable, and return immediately for a clean model.

cooper_m22

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you've noticed, but you canpoor the flashlight on your always on display for easy access.
Good idea, Thanks I will do that, I went back to the stock launcher because I love the double tap feature of the LG. Just for that feature . I can over look the flashlight not being there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02