How to create a repeating task in S Planner

alankchan

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
scroll down the page below where it shows "all day" and u will see "Repeat"....

Dear Dave,

I dont see a Repeat option in the "Add Task" screen. I think you are referring to add events rather. I perfer to use Task because it will keep reminding me of the task unless i mark it as completed.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Tasks?? isn't a task, by nature, an item that once you do it, it's DONE? Events can be recurring. tasks are not "events" per say.

(and you are right--I didn't notice you had written "task" in your OP)

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello, How can I create a repeating task in S Planner? Say I would like to remind myself to pay mortgage every month.

I went online and did mine on Google calendar then let it sync with my phone, but as someone else stated the is a repeat option for calendar events and not a option that I'm aware of for tasks.

Only reason I did my through Google calendar online is that it allows more options for repeating events, I need something repeated every 3 and 4 weeks. Those options are not available in calendar(S-Planner) app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If I go into the calendar app and add an event, I find the opportunity to make it a repeating event with repeating daily, every weekday, weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly (on date or on e.g. third Thursday), and yearly. So I'm not clear what the issue is here.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If I go into the calendar app and add an event, I find the opportunity to make it a repeating event with repeating daily, every weekday, weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly (on date or on e.g. third Thursday), and yearly. So I'm not clear what the issue is here.

cmathews wants to repeat EVERY THREE WEEKS. that is NOT an option on the Sammy calendar.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
cmathews wants to repeat EVERY THREE WEEKS. that is NOT an option on the Sammy calendar.

Correct, not sure why the custom repeating option gets left off of mobile devices. Last time I used a iPhone it was the same way, to get custom repeating options it had to be done on a computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

BrentonFrost

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Cmatt,
I Have just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1. I noticed in the post above dated 02-24-2013. In the S Planner I require also to use 3 weekly events and in your post you commented by saying "to get custom repeating options it had to be done on a computer". Can you please give a detailed description on to help me thru this, much appreciated thanks.

Carly Anne

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello, How can I create a repeating task in S Planner? Say I would like to remind myself to pay mortgage every month.

I figured out you need to have your phone NOT in easy mode and then you can do re occuringYou need ... Annoying. why don't people explain from the very beginning obviously if you have a question you don't understand so explain it from the beginning and u will help people .

Jaykus

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Some versions of the planner allow you to create repeating events. They also allow you to include reminders which give you a signal shortly before your event. But other versions simply do not. Even when you have migrated from one Galaxy to another, it only instals the version of s-planner that does not give you these functions. That is because Android is pathetic and stupid. They should have to give customers their money back. When I get time I guess I'll try to install a better calendar app, but I suppose I will have trouble syncing with s-planner. Who programs for these people? Idiots.

luc2015

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
As has been said before, only "Events" can be set as recurring.
The easiest way I've found to input a "Task" multiple times is to copy it.
1. Create your task and save it.
2. Touch & hold the Task. A pop-up will give you options of Delete / Edit / Copy / Share via
3. Choose "Copy"
4. Change date to the next month (or whatever frequency you want to have the Task recurring)
5. Repeat as many times as necessary

Other than pretending that Tasks (like paying bills) are Events (like birthdays, meetings, etc), I haven't found another way to do it.

backlit

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I had a recurring (repeat) for reminding me to pay the credit card bill. The event had an expiry at the end of last Nov. I am trying to extend the notification and I find that the repeat control on the event edit is dimmed with a message, "cannot customize on phone'. Anyone any clue as to why this is happening?

Also I note that though many of the events entered in the phone appear on the google calendar. There are some that are missed. Is there any rule on this selection or is it just another bug?

AMcho

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I need the event reminder every 4th week. is there a way to do it in S Planner?
Are you using “Samsung Calendar”? If so, start creating event by tapping "+". Next choose "Samsung Calendar". 3rd, create event name, times, location if needed, and reminder. 4th, choose “View More Options”. 5th, choose “Repeat”, then “Weekly”. At “Every 1 Week”, tap on the '1' and change it to 2, 3, or 4 weeks, whatever you desire. Remember to choose how long you want this event to repeat. Don't forget to then save the event. You're done.

Last edited:

AMcho

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
As far as tasks, there is NO repeat for Samsung Tasks or My Tasks in SPlanner. I've complained about this to Samsung because I take some of my meds every other day, 1 just twice a week, but there's no option for this. Creating an event just clutters up the calendar. I have a hotmail/outlook account, so I had to download a task creator that links to my hotmail account, that syncs with my SPlanner. It's called “Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange” on the Play Store. As long as I have my hotmail/outlook calendar account turned on in SPlanner, the tasks show up. Unfortunately, if I check off a task in the SPlanner, it stops repeating, so I have to check it off on the Tasks & Notes app to keep it repeating. Fortunately, there is a widget that comes with it, where it will sync directly to the app, and then eventually the calendar. Extra steps, though, obviously.

Last edited:

Killzee1

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You gotta create an event, instead of a task. Then you go to repeat and choose the regularity of your event (every day, week, etc...). Hope it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter