How to delete contact history

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you press and hold a text message, you have the option to delete the message(s). Where else are you guys saying they're showing up?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If the person you are texting is in your contact list open up the contact page and scroll the window over and you will see history ,scroll the other way and if you have a social network set up you will see info on that .

At first I thought they meant about deleting the text conversation as well as the text message but they are talking about the history which stores the last 10 text messages with that contact. I dont think it is the entire message, maybe even just some kinda reference to that message , but some of it is there

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Delete the contact and then re-enter.

Or stop texting your ex behind your girls back in the first place...just sayin...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe this could be a MAJOR privacy issue and deletion should be enabled. If your DX were stolen (or borrowed) by an inappropriate person, they would have wayyyy too much access to your personal or business life. Even the most innocent things can take on a life of their own in the wrong hands.

There should definitely be a way to delete or control text message records on the DX. I'm sure that they linger in cyberspace for eternity, but on a handheld ... well, the owner should have control.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Check item 3 here. They know about it and are going to change it.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/190567#190567

For a quick read, Matt of Motorola says this:

Matt said:
3. Deleting text message content. We have followed this discussion with interest and recognize that saving text content history is not always a great experience. We?re going to make a change in our next software update. You will be able to permanently delete text messages. Thanks for this feedback ? we heard you.

Good thing too, I'm happy with that.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah glad they gunno fix it It would get old deleting and adding contacts all the time :p .Also now I know it wasn't a setting I missed . :)

Shesaid118

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How to delete items from the "Recent" tab in text messaging on the Samsung Galaxy S4:
This drove me crazy until I finally found something that works.
1. Delete your text messages and call log history from the number you want to remove from the Recent tab.
2. Then, Go to Contacts
Select the contact and press the menu button. Select History. Select the menu botton again. Select Delete.
3. Now, if you want, you can delete the contact. If you delete the contact without first deleting the history, you will not be able to get rid of it from the recent tab in text messaging until you re add the contact and delete the contact history.
4. Repeat the above steps for every contact you want to take off the recent list. I have not found a way to delete them all at once, but did the above and it finally cleared my recent list in text messaging.

Mr Tripod

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to delete contact history (text messages, calls)

On my Samsung Galaxy S3, the following steps fully erased removed all history from all contacts at once:

Settings > More > Application Manager > swipe right until "ALL" filter is listed at top > Scroll down to locate "LogsProvider" > press "LogsProvider" > press "Clear Data" button > press OK.

Note that this will clear all of your history: calls, text messages, etc.

This is obviously much better than the manual process which requires the following actions, contact by contact:
Select contact (may require you to drill all the way into the contact at deepest view level) > press MENU key > press HISTORY > press MENU key > select DELETE > press top checkbox to select ALL messages > process the deletion > Repeat for each contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack