How to Fix HTC One X Overheating/Flashing RED while Charging [RAPID Battery Drain]

leni_lea

May 21, 2013
Visit site
hello MsElllll =)
i having the same problem too. did u manage to solve your problem? if u do can u please explain to me how to solve it :/

lemonfugu

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
After you see that red light, make sure you press the power button in. If that doesn't work, you may have to factory reset it on your bootloader by holding the power button and volume rocker down button simultaneously. The real issue with the phones model is that there is a file that HTC put in the incorrect folder and this causes it to overheat and die easily. You could root it and rearrange the files but you should know what you are doing before you try to.

mags979

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe this isn't being broadcast more broadly. After struggling with chronic ad hoc battery drains this cured it. Good job! Where did you get this info?:)

KrondaliX

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing more to say, THAT IS REALLY A TRUE ANSWER ! Fixed my problem and really thanks to HTC and the one that found this possibility.
I was playing a game when my phone just stopped working and no led no charging, when i plug on my pc strange sounds and detected or not by my computer, i've plugged on sector and made this trick, after 2 minutes replugged and that worked perfect :) MANYYYYYYYYYYY THANKS !!!

Esther Malvoisin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Nothing happens when I connect my phone to the charger. There is no red light. The green light on the charger connected to the wall goes off when I connect the phone. I left it in charger over night anyhow, and this morning I tried holding both the up and down buttons of the volume while holding the power button and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong. Is there anything else I can try?

stumartin74

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem. Phone was overheating and then froze, after a few minutes it just went black and I can't do a thing with it. No lights when I plug the charger in and have tried the button holding trick but still no joy. Anything else I might be able to try?

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What I notice when this happens:
If plugging it into an outlet does nothing, try plugging it into a computer instead. I don't know why, but it's worked for me more than once. If you get a slow red blink it's charging. Once it changes to a solid red light it's ready to be turned back on. You will also know when it's ready by the computer seeing it as an HTC One X.

This is by far the biggest problem this phone has.

mcfoster12

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my HTC One X in the mail today. Turned it on and the screen is a bunch of pixilated colors, I've had it plugged in for about 4 hours and the light is still a solid red. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the phone. I am waiting for my SIM card to come by mail, would this be a reason the phone is acting wonky or is there a bigger issue.

OUSCA2007

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
:mad:
This problem would be made a lot easier to deal with if we were able to take the battery out.
yes i say.... why they decided to go all "i-phoney" with the enclosed battery and un-expandable memory i will never understand.... i should've upgraded my phone since 11 months...i don't want to leave HTC but they sure are doing their sweet best to convince me to go to samsung !!! :mad:

andyphoner

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought a new samsung s4 phone due to this stupid issue.
I've had my htc x one for one year then suddenly some days ago it just died.
I had left it connected to my pc (done this thousands of times before)
When I get back to the phone it was stone dead! (red / green light starting to flash when charging)
Only now I realise how f.. stupid this design with sealed battery and micro sim is.
Not only the phone is useless I've also lost a lot of nice family videos and pictures on the sealed micro sim.
(This is as stupid as how to get media content from your pc to the apple pad)

I've tried all the possible tricks out there loosing many hours trying all the combinations that might if you're lucky reset the battery?!?!
From the meny no success at all: recovery boot, going black screen
factory reset, going black screen.

And this trick 2 minutes (why so long?!) Only thing that happens during these two minutes is that the boot loader screen is blinking on regular intervals.

Never ever HTC again. Samsung s4 mini will hopefully work better!

(btw the antenna on my HTC is way inferior to samsung,
I nearly had to stand beside a telecommunication antenna to have connectivity)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
,most likely its a protection for the hardware if it goes over a certain temperature it will shut it down so it doesn't fry the mother board (yes it can happen) so the best thing to do is simply let it cool down bont let it power down you mite damage the battery what you need to do is just unhook the power let it cool down shut down all background programs just let it cool down on its own if it cools too quickly you can crack the board so dont let it power down simply go to the home screen and let it cool down n its I n if the phone was vented with a heat sync it wouldn't matter but its sealed and no heat sync

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Nithesh17a

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
HI,

I tried your trick and it worked 1st time when i faced that issue but 2nd time when i faced the same issue it dint work out. My phone is dead now. Its not getting charged and neither that red light is blinking now. Plz guide me how to make my phone alive again. Your response is highly appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d