How to Fix HTC One X Overheating/Flashing RED while Charging [RAPID Battery Drain]

cammygavin

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had this probllem only recently. Let my battery run till my phone completely turned itself off. Put it on charge straight away after an a continuos red flashing light at top right appears ever second , but with no actual charging taking place , after hours of charging , same thing , just flashing light , an wont turn on, tried holding volume down an up an power button , taken sim out , neither work , please help or give tips , thnx

elmanortega

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
it worked for me
it was burning hot
i did the procedure
hold them all
device turns on and turns back off
keep holding
Online Stopwatch
here the stopwatchonline
let it pass the 2 minute mark
let it go turn it on
connected to charger
and test

sguptabsp

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I want to ask @lemonfugu what exactly are the steps to place what files at what exact place. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I have the same overheating problem.

Janlloyd Santos

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My issue is, my phone is completely drained,.
as if, there's no red light or flashing red light at all..
I also try to charge it overnight, yet it won't still work,..

I'm also aware that my charger connector is kind of loose, I'm not really sure if the internal connector(somewhere where you can plug the charger connector) or the connector itself.

can anyone give me some advice?
should I but a new charger? or buy a new battery? or anything else?

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I may be completely off, but mine does this when I let my battery completely die and suits the phone off. Here what I have to do. After a little charging time, take the phone to a well lite room,then hold power and volume Down, till the 3 buttons quit flashing, then let off the power and hold the down volume. That puts you in the bootloader, then go to fast boot then scroll down to reboot to reboot the phone. It comes up ever time for me......Wizzrah showed me that a while back. He is a genius on these phones!!

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I may be completely off, but mine does this when I let my battery completely die and suits the phone off. Here what I have to do. After a little charging time, take the phone to a well lite room,then hold power and volume Down, till the 3 buttons quit flashing, then let off the power and hold the down volume. That puts you in the bootloader, then go to fast boot then scroll down to reboot to reboot the phone. It comes up ever time for me......Wizzrah showed me that a while back. He is a genius on these phones!!

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks. That was a one time thing though. Most people freak out when they see the lights flashing at the bottom. Like you said, you just have to hold the power button until they stop blinking. You don't necessarily have to boot into bootloader. Sometimes the phone will boot after that simply by holding the power button.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My issue is, my phone is completely drained,.
as if, there's no red light or flashing red light at all..
I also try to charge it overnight, yet it won't still work,..

I'm also aware that my charger connector is kind of loose, I'm not really sure if the internal connector(somewhere where you can plug the charger connector) or the connector itself.

can anyone give me some advice?
should I but a new charger? or buy a new battery? or anything else?

Buying a new battery will void the warranty if it is still active. If the charger connector is loose, it might be that it isn't charging properly. You can try getting a new one or borrowing another charger from some other device. What happens when you hold the power button for a while?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

saint0541

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
overheating of htc one x

plz i want know what causes this..whenever my htc one X heats the screens shakes and later becomea blur..when i off it and it gets cold the screen comes back to normal..so plz help me solve that prpblem

killerlambo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This trick was useful but after doing it a few days ago its proving to be a problem whenever i play games the CPU would normally over heat whereas after this trick it never... instead of overheating it decided to constantly crash and restart even as i am typing now it is still crashing and it is beginning to annoy me lots now because i cannot make full use of my phone.. actually i cannot make any use of my phone because as soon as it loads it crashes again please i need help. it has restarted aprox 50 - 60 times now since i done it and i done it 6 days ago.

Nayeem Pasha

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone..i read all your comments and i having the same problem..this morning i drained my phone then i charge it for almost an hour..when i look my phone i saw blinking red light and battery logo on the screen then i try to turn it on unluckily it wont turned on..i do those tricks like changing micro usb and hold power button and volume up and down but it didnt work for me..why it is happening?? i dont overcharge my phone and i dont use it often..please help me..f### this phone..im using HTC butterfly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54