How to make a copy of a photo either in google photos or gallery

A

AC Question

Hello:
This is crazy. Say I have a picture. I like it pretty well. But I would like to make a copy for a close crop. HOW oh HOW do you do this? I don't see it in Google Photos or in the Gallery. This seems crazy. I realize prior, when edits were made a copy was made and that was causing storage issues. However, the option should be there to duplicate a photo for different edits. Running marshmallow on an S7 Edge.

Thank you

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Hey, as far as i understand the problem, whenever you edit the original image on your phone will remain as it is. So you can edit that original image again and again for different edits. Or you are asking something else that you can explain a bit further. In my opinion there is no need to make any further copies of the image yourself.

Bosmo72

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I am beginning to think the same about my Pixel 2. It seems to have less capabilities than my previous phone which was an ancient 2014 model. I have same question about saving a photo, plus, just realized I can't mirror/cast my phone to a tv or projector without having my Chromecast connected to the TV, which is a pain in the rear. Do they expect me to carry my Chromecast everywhere I go and take TV's down off walls to connect?

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded the picture, and there is still no option to edit/ crop etc...I am starting to think I made a very BAD DECISION with the PIXEL 2

Photos on my Pixel 2 XL has edit capabilities. Once you open the photo, at the bottom are 4 icons. From left to right they are share, edit, image search (for identifying items in the image), delete. Tap the second icon and you get rudimentary edit options (which are no different than those I had on my Nexus 6p). In the edit screen, the 3rd icon from the right is crop.

Once you've cropped it, tap the overflow menu (3 vertical dots in the top right corner) and choose to save a copy.