how to make auto brightness a little brighter?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know there was a thread about this somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.

The G4's auto brightness function is a little too dim... is there a way to make it a little brighter. (without switching to manual control of brightness, obviously)

Thanks!

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Download LUX app :)

Thanks! Just downloaded/installed it. Seems very promising. What's the difference between the paid and free versions?

BTW, it's works both ways! :) I have a couple of Samsung with auto brightness that are just a touch too bright for my taste. Lux solves that problem as well. :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does this also keep the screen from dimming even with brightness set to maximum on manual stock controls? I think LG was too aggressive in temperature control and I frequently find my screen dimmed some on its own despite not being on auto brightness.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Does this also keep the screen from dimming even with brightness set to maximum on manual stock controls? I think LG was too aggressive in temperature control and I frequently find my screen dimmed some on its own despite not being on auto brightness.

I don't know if the LUX app is supposed to do this or not, but the stock brightness no longer responds to changes. Brightness is completely taken over by LUX. However, it works great. Now the auto brightness is exactly where I like it to be. For me, the most comfortable brightness is about 40%. I have it set to dynamic mode. I tried it indoors, outdoors, and even in the basement. :)

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And you can customize it too. You don't have to settle for LUX's default settings for each brightness based on ambient light. I don't remember what was the difference between the paid and free version. I think it was just ads when you actually open the app settings. But I paid for it after trying it out for a week or so. I have to warn you that when you paid for the paid app you have to download the other app. It was not just an update on the existing free app. I had to redo all my custom settings.. but it only took a few minutes.

FrankieA

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I think in general the auto brightness is fine (a bit on the dim side).

The biggest problem is auto brightness when using the camera!! My god, when I open the camera app, the auto brightness skyrockets all the way down and I can't even see the photo I'm trying to take. This is by far the biggest annoyance with the auto brightness. If they fix this - I could probably live with it. Instead, I just set the brightness myself every day. The quick brightness bar in the pulldown helps a lot.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think in general the auto brightness is fine (a bit on the dim side).

The biggest problem is auto brightness when using the camera!! My god, when I open the camera app, the auto brightness skyrockets all the way down and I can't even see the photo I'm trying to take. This is by far the biggest annoyance with the auto brightness. If they fix this - I could probably live with it. Instead, I just set the brightness myself every day. The quick brightness bar in the pulldown helps a lot.

hmmm... that sound strange.... my G4 is not like that at all. If I leave it in auto brightness, the screen actually brightens up a notch or two as soon as the stock camera app opens up. Just tested this again a few seconds ago. The phone is on a cradle facing away the room light. I click on the camera app and the screen brightens up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23