Question How to open hard reset recovery menu sharp aquos sense 5g model A004SH?

Mr216thepro

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
How to open hard reset recovery menu sharp aquos sense 5g model A004SH?

I have tried to open the menu but it keeps on turning on normaly or turns on safe mode

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There are so many different ways of pushing different combinations of buttons on different phones, that it’s easy to forget exactly how to perform this or that function, and indeed, I have forgotten them. Only yesterday, I discovered the button combination for screenshots on one of my phones, as an alternative to the gesture method.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're connecting the phone to your PC via USB while doing this right?

Also, the Power/Vol Up keypress can sometimes be tricky -- you often have to make sure you press both buttons at exactly the same time. If you press Power first, even if it's a fraction of a second earlier, the phone might think you're just powering on.

Is there a reason you're trying to do a factory reset from the Recovery menu? Is the phone not working correctly to begin with in some way?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That was my question, why are you attempting to do this via physical buttons rather than in the settings menu?

Why are you doing this at all? Maybe we can help you solve the issue leading you down this road given the troubles of factory resetting.

Mr216thepro

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
You're connecting the phone to your PC via USB while doing this right?

Also, the Power/Vol Up keypress can sometimes be tricky -- you often have to make sure you press both buttons at exactly the same time. If you press Power first, even if it's a fraction of a second earlier, the phone might think you're just powering on.

Is there a reason you're trying to do a factory reset from the Recovery menu? Is the phone not working correctly to begin with in some way?
It has a pattern that I have forgot cause I haven't used it for about 9 months and my new phone broke so I want to restore it so I can use it for the time being as am collecting myself to buy a new phone

Last edited by a moderator:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have tried it but it doesn't seem to work
It helps to push the volume button just slightly before the power button, otherwise like B. Diddy said, if you push the power button the slightest bit before the volume button the phone will just boot up like normal.

Some phones are much more picky than others about that ☹️

Reactions: belodion

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only other way I can think of would be using ADB while connected via a PC, but this would require being able to turn on ADB debugging in the phone's Developer Options. If you never did that, then you won't be able to now that you forgot the pattern.

Reactions: VidJunky

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahh remember the good old days when you could just mess up your pin like 7 or 8 times and be prompted to enter your Gmail address and password? B. Diddy I haven't heard of the device that blocks hard reset via physical buttons without the pin or pattern. I mean it would be the ultimate fail safe that's for sure but it would also make the device worthless to the true owner.

Hopefully the OP has figured this out and gotten their device working. JIC, I found the instructions @B. Diddy is referring to where you use a tethered connection to a device, we didn't get a yay or nah if the method was being attempted according to the directions. I also found this YouTube video showing multiple failed attempts at the code followed by a simple button method that allowed access. It demonstrates the method so perhaps there is something flawed with their execution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy I haven't heard of the device that blocks hard reset via physical buttons without the pin or pattern.
I might be thinking of devices that would require the PIN/password when either trying to reset via the system settings or when trying to power off the phone. I think Samsung phones used to do that (and maybe still do?). If it required the PIN/password to power off the phone, then that might indirectly prevent the user from getting to the Recovery menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos