[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
See my edited post above. I was able to get the recovery image pushed, and the display works, but I can't seem to boot back to android. No boot loops, it just doesn't boot into android at all. I'm trying to use the LGMobile Support tool to put ZVC back on and see if that helps. If not, I will have to try to flash the stock recovery (if I can find it).

Flashing back to the ZV9 recovery image and performing a force flash back to ZVC got me back into android. Of course I was factory reset, so I lost root. I guess I will start from her again tomorrow to see where it takes me.

And yes, as of what I read in the xda forums about the LG Optimus V, it should work for the LG Optimus S, T (and a few others). Appearantly, they are exactly the same phones, just for different carriers.

I'd really like to get GB on this phone and OC it to see what it can really do. Out of the Box it is barely faster then my Heroc with AOSP GB, OC'd to 768 with compcache and JIT. I do see a lot of potential as using the stock ROM, it runs Angry Birds way smoother then my OC'd Heroc.

See you guys tomorrow.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See my edited post above. I was able to get the recovery image pushed, and the display works, but I can't seem to boot back to android. No boot loops, it just doesn't boot into android at all. I'm trying to use the LGMobile Support tool to put ZVC back on and see if that helps. If not, I will have to try to flash the stock recovery (if I can find it).
That's unfortunate.

Step 5 of the revised instructions should give you the stock V9 recovery, which while having a blank screen, should hopefully allow you to boot to android.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...670vc-using-kp500-diag-mode-4.html#post672148

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
And yes, as of what I read in the xda forums about the LG Optimus V, it should work for the LG Optimus S, T (and a few others). Appearantly, they are exactly the same phones, just for different carriers.
I'd be careful about assuming they are exactly the same phones. LG has been changing stuff from version to version (for example your LCD screen drivers), different radios and how they integrate with hands free activation, etc. Also the T is GSM so the radio will be pretty different. I think the buttons are also a different order on some of them.

Not saying you couldn't make stuff that worked for all of them, just that you couldn't assume something tested with one would work for all of them.

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd be careful about assuming they are exactly the same phones. LG has been changing stuff from version to version (for example your LCD screen drivers), different radios and how they integrate with hands free activation, etc. Also the T is GSM so the radio will be pretty different. I think the buttons are also a different order on some of them.

Not saying you couldn't make stuff that worked for all of them, just that you couldn't assume something tested with one would work for all of them.

Yeah, but it worth a shot for me. CM7 is awesome. Besides, with what I have learned here, I can always go back to stock and start over. I have insurance if I can't :p

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate.

Step 5 of the revised instructions should give you the stock V9 recovery, which while having a blank screen, should hopefully allow you to boot to android.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...670vc-using-kp500-diag-mode-4.html#post672148

Ok, I finally got around to rerooting and flashing the clockwork recovery again. Looks like the recovery image works fine. Last night after I flashed clockwork, I also flashed the ROM before rebooting. That must have been what was causing the problem, not the recovery image. I just flashed clockwork without the ROM and it works perfectly.

I'll have to see what's going on with the ROM.

EDIT : Clockwork 3.0.0.6 works great. I just did a back up and restore of the Stock System (ZVC)

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but it worth a shot for me. CM7 is awesome. Besides, with what I have learned here, I can always go back to stock and start over. I have insurance if I can't :p
That's great. Thanks for taking the time to contribute your experiences. I'm sure it will help others.

blake52

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
You are right to be cautious. Depends what the updates are though. This is mainly a Sprint Optimus S forum so that is where most people here are coming from.

There is a thread to deal with the nagging updates. It probably isn't completely applicable to your phone but you might get some insight.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-hacks/59576-stopping-ota-update-prompts.html

Many people on Optimus S choose to side-load the update using LG Software Updater, which preserves their ability to root.

Others install a modification to their build properties to trick the system into thinking there is nothing to update.

You can also rename otacerts.zip and the update verification check will fail.

I recall there are ways to accept the update and cancel before it starts with the net effect that the system stops bugging you.

I don't know of any glossary though it would be nice to have one for new users.

Thanks again
I looked at all the complicated solutions, then noticed the renaming one again, which seems to have solved the problem till I can read enough about custom ROMs and recovery and...to risk something fancy
my phone came with version: LS670ZV9 since the screen works I'm assuming VC isn't required for that... why would I want it?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to root my one month old Optimus S. I understand the risk (I also understand the benefits!)
Is there a way to know if I have the theoretical new LCD? Is there a unique hardware ID for the new LCD, or even a build number? Perhaps a terminal command which indicates the exact hardware used?
I have: Model Number LS670, Baseband version: Ls670MVC_60401001, kernel version: 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #2, Build number: ZVC, SW Version: LS670ZVC
I'm sure there is a way to tell. Out of the few people who have these units, none have tried to figure out a way to tell. I can't do it because I don't have one of the units with the new LCD.

However, it isn't like your unit will be bricked in your efforts to find out. You'll just have a blank screen. You can easily just flash VC back and everything will show up again.

I'd start with force flashing V9. If your screen in blank, you have one of the new LCD units. You can at point choose to proceed one or two steps requiring you to do something "blind", or just choose to force flash VC and give up, getting back to where you started.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for all of the work that has been put into this!

Man, I have been working on this for what seems like forever. I am using Win7 and I keep getting the "restart" prompt. I tried uninstalling the LG update tool, and setting it to Win XP compatibility before installing. No luck.

I then tried on a Vista machine. On this machine I get the "restart" error as well as a ...header_bg.gif was not found.

Please, any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not familiar with the restart problem. Could you describe in more detail when it happens? Include as much detail as you can, screenshots, error messages, and other behavior that might be relevant.

Reactions: 64fairlane

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am not home at the moment, but I can post screen shots later. The problem is with the LG software. After step "o" in the instructions, The LG updater starts running, then gets to a point that says something along the lines of "The USB cable and phone are not connected, connect your phone then press the RESTART button." In the OPs instructions it says just to press the RESTART button, and that it will continue to run. I press it, then it comes back up (over and over and over).

I thought maybe it had something to do with Win7 because of what others had posted so I uninstalled the LG tool, changed the compatability to WinXP, then reinstalled. I get the same RESTART message.

As I said before I tried this on a Vista computer and here I get the same message, plus an additional message about "...header_bg.gif was not found."

Thanks for your efforts!

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am not home at the moment, but I can post screen shots later. The problem is with the LG software. After step "o" in the instructions, The LG updater starts running, then gets to a point that says something along the lines of "The USB cable and phone are not connected, connect your phone then press the RESTART button." In the OPs instructions it says just to press the RESTART button, and that it will continue to run. I press it, then it comes back up (over and over and over).

I thought maybe it had something to do with Win7 because of what others had posted so I uninstalled the LG tool, changed the compatability to WinXP, then reinstalled. I get the same RESTART message.

As I said before I tried this on a Vista computer and here I get the same message, plus an additional message about "...header_bg.gif was not found."

Thanks for your efforts!

Before you press restart, unplug the cable and plug it back in.

Reactions: 64fairlane

i mow grass

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If I force back to the VC9 version from the OTA will I lose all my current call logs, texts, apps and etc? Also will this be the same when I root my phone? I have read through all of the posts and have not seen anything about this.

Thanks for the help.

Jonnyblaze

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey I keep getting hung up at the Lg software update tool. at 30 percent it tells me to restart. gives me this.

15:00:41 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
15:00:41 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
15:00:41 : 0 - NotConnected.
15:00:41 : 1 - Normal connect success
15:00:41 : 2 - Emergency connect success
15:00:41 : [009,400,102,102,102]The USB cable and your cellphone are not connected.\nPlease connect your phone and wait for connecting \nthe USB port for a while and press the [009,700,147,062,092]'Restart'[009,400,102,102,102] button.

tried unplugging it, plugging back in. installed the update tool in compatibility mode as well. don't know what to do. any ideas?

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey I keep getting hung up at the Lg software update tool. at 30 percent it tells me to restart. gives me this.

15:00:41 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
15:00:41 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
15:00:41 : 0 - NotConnected.
15:00:41 : 1 - Normal connect success
15:00:41 : 2 - Emergency connect success
15:00:41 : [009,400,102,102,102]The USB cable and your cellphone are not connected.\nPlease connect your phone and wait for connecting \nthe USB port for a while and press the [009,700,147,062,092]'Restart'[009,400,102,102,102] button.

tried unplugging it, plugging back in. installed the update tool in compatibility mode as well. don't know what to do. any ideas?

When you unplug the usb cable and plug it back in, do you here is connecting?
If not, try adb to the phone. If you can't then the phone is not connecting back.

Is your phone in recovery or normal android? I believe it has to be run from a normal boot (especially if you have VC recovery.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If I force back to the VC9 version from the OTA will I lose all my current call logs, texts, apps and etc? Also will this be the same when I root my phone? I have read through all of the posts and have not seen anything about this.

Thanks for the help.
You shouldn't lose your data, but things may start behaving funny causing you to reset everything, or at the minimum wipe data/cache. Also whenever you do flashing, there is the chance stuff gets reset.

You should always backup your data before doing any flashing.

As to rooting, that will definitely not cause you to lose data and you will not have to wipe data/cache.