[How-To] Root LG Optimus T

alamundson

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Requesting an Update on the Link for the Sun JRE as the Website has been modified and the Download links are hard to sort through epecially when I have no idea which one I'm supposed to be looking for.
Any help I can get is Appreciated.
LG Optimus's Bloat ware is destroying my outlook on Androids and all I want to do is free up space so I don't have to Uninstall another one of my apps just so I can recieve my messages.

T-Mobile Optimus T, running Android 2.2.2

Edited/Added Info: I have tried z4root both the permenent and temporary root options and both resulted in the application closing half way through the process and the application doesn't respond until I reboot.

Last Update:
After numerous attempts with other exploits I Have found one thats works with my Phone therefore I do not require any assistance.

Overall I noticed that on Fresh Forums Help was given to anyone in need, but old threads like this one had died out and "Future" Users are left in the dust to Sort through all the past attempts to find what they need. Anthing Linked on a forum can be exptect to redirect properly for the first few months after that Don't expect Information to be where you last saw it.

This Website itself is a great source of information, although like many other forums out there, only a few people are willing to give thier time to help Troubleshoot someone elses problem and everyone else Using the Information provided take what they need and leave.

Note For the Author of this Post:
Props for your Execution on how you layed out your information; It was both very clear and informative.

Last edited:

MarkaRagnos

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
this is the most helpful post i've found.

EDIT (19 June 2012)

Prerequisites: Android-SDK and its requirements installed; local copy of su, Superuser.apk (preferably under the "tools" directory); "USB debugging" checked under Settings->Applications->Development

NOTE: path can be \tools\ or \platform-tools\ depending on your version of the sdk

*****CONNECT PHONE TO COMPUTER WITH USB CABLE*****

C:\android-sdk\tools\adb shell
$ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf

*****MANUALLY REBOOT DEVICE*****

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# exit
C:\android-sdk\tools\adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
C:\android-sdk\tools\adb push su /system/bin
# chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
# cd /system/xbin
# ln -s /system/bin/su su
# reboot

Now go to the Market and download BusyBox Stephen (Stericson), use it to install busybox, uninstall the installer app.

this is the most helpful post that I've found. had to search for the appropriate superuser.apk file (here's the link http://androidsu.com/superuser/) and, of course, i have no idea what any of these commands mean, so I feel kind of... worthless, but it worked like a charm. do exactly what it says. Get everything you need. Do all the steps in the original post first, of course.
I have no idea how helpful I'm being.

Last edited:

mikebirnbaum

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
when trying step four:

Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:
cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is (mine for example is C:\android\tools however in the new SDK the correct directory would be "Platform Tools", and not just "tools". See what you have on your directory)

and after pasting this:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

I get this error msg:
Cannot stat ?rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin?: No such file or directory

PLEASE HELP:-\

mikebirnbaum

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
when trying step four:

Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:
cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is (mine for example is C:\android\tools however in the new SDK the correct directory would be "Platform Tools", and not just "tools". See what you have on your directory)

and after pasting this:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

I get this error msg:
Cannot stat ?rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin?: No such file or directory

PLEASE HELP!

Ok I was able to fix this just didn't have the 3 files from the zip in the correct folder (was in "tools" folder and needed to be in "platform-tools".

New Problem is did the steps correctly but my phone never reconnected after: /rageagainstthecage (let things sit a couple minutes (2), your phone will disconnect from the computer and you'll be removed from your ADB session)
and I never got a # sign. so I went back to the beginning of step 4 and now it tells me:
error: device not found.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong could really use some help. Thank You!
Mike

frojascr

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mike,

Did you figure out why you got stuck at the second 'adb shell'? I am having the same issue. After the reset, the device does not connect back, so I am not able to finished the command sequence. I have read a lot of forums about it, but most just suggest using Z4root instead, which I can't do because the SD card is not working on my Optimus.

Fed.

frojascr

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mike,

UPDATE: I don't know if you have already run into this, but I found a software called SuperOneClick. You can download it from CNET. It rooted the phone in no time. Hope this helps you, or anyone who might stumble into this thread.

Fed

Kristoco

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have followed all the steps and when I am in the command screen and past the abd files they are not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Maybe this is because I have already rooted my phone? And while I'm here: I rooted my phone using cyangenmod 7.2.0 and everything worked amazingly better but I cannot seem to get my straight talk on it to get my service. Any thoughts?

Kristoco

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Heath Meetis

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I cant seem ti figure out what you are talking about with the sdk platform management. The page your link goes to probably changed. I downloaded the skd adt bundle but the utility you refer to eludes me.

JoeCoe

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Chrisj848

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if things have changed much since last post, however, I followed everything as noted several times on my lg optimus T including installing lg drivers (singapore). I have tried z4 apk 1.3 which doesn't work, titanium cannot gain root access. I have superuser installed as well. Still nothing--- all day of trying.......
My first attempt at the code in this thread nearly seemed to work but after the second adt shell command it was a $ sign. So no good. Later tries get me that far but then an error shows up that the device cannot be found. One other note, the android sdk link now load the ADT package. I was using that and have the 3 files from the root kit in the platform tools folder after realizing the tool file didn't work.
I really thought this would be easier. I hate to get rid of this phone just because the damn software upgrades take a toll on the memory space available. My ultimate goal is to use the sd card as internal memory. What a PITA. Anyone have any updated answers to help me get this done?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174