how to stop vibrating on text receive??? help!

ryanfoley613

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, so first I just wanna say im pretty good with these phones ive had android for about a year now, started with a droid2 then xperia play and now I just got my droid3....I love it

however I can not figure out how to turn off vibrating when a text is received, I have vibration set to never in the vibration settings....someone help i hate it!

thanks!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, so first I just wanna say im pretty good with these phones ive had android for about a year now, started with a droid2 then xperia play and now I just got my droid3....I love it

however I can not figure out how to turn off vibrating when a text is received, I have vibration set to never in the vibration settings....someone help i hate it!

thanks!

In the messaging app, menu->messaging settings. At the very bottom, is "Vibrate" checked? If you uncheck it, that *should* stop vibration on receiving SMS/MMS messages.

Chrystal Swanson

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, and you just helped me solve it. Thank you SO MUCH!! I thought I turned off all vibrations, but the phone would still vibrate AND ring when a text came through. I was going insane!:p! You're a life-saver

tameeca

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad this was posted I was driven crazy last night with the constant buzzing of the text vibrating.... I had looked in phone settings but not that app. Thank you so much !

joyz gascon

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to stop vibrating on text message receive??? help!..

Hi! How about FB msgs, how to stop vibrating when receiving msgs? Pls help. Thanks.