Question How to turn off "cat controls" on Android 13, realme 11 pro +

keeoth

Oct 29, 2023
Visit site
Hello.

I have a problem, i cant off device control because it contains easter egg cat controls. I haven't found a solution anywhere to turn it off in Android younger than 11. does anyone have a way to do this?

Attachments

• IMG_20231028_191634.jpg
    IMG_20231028_191634.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2023-10-28-20-33-38-24_49b3d7ede8f829c04ca0dbc08dacb1ac.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-28-20-33-38-24_49b3d7ede8f829c04ca0dbc08dacb1ac.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. I'm sure I searched the same solution you found but did you try both solutions offered there? The first most dominant solution is big and prominent on the page but under that there is a slightly smaller obscure solution that differs from the other. This it what it says, I finally found it. You need to go to settings, then Notifications & Control centre, then under Smart home choose None instead of Android R Easter Egg. The other solution looks like it just tries to reverse the process while this one appears to turn it off.

Not to turn you away from AC but if this meets with failure you may consider posting to a community that has already responded to this question like here where I found this answer. https://android.stackexchange.com/q...-egg-and-remove-cat-power-controls-on-miui-12 or maybe Reddit.

Let us know what you find.

Best wishes

keeoth

Oct 29, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for taking your time to help. Unfortunately, the solutions you provide apply to Android 11 and cannot be applied to Android 13. I tried these solutions before. Before I wrote a request for help, I carefully checked similar topics. I also asked for help on several other forums in several languages. no solution so far.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of a long story so hang with me or jump to the end.

We got a referb phone from an insurance claim. My son complained and complained that it was yellow instead of white. We'd never had this device and only got it because they couldn't trade us a one for one on the insured model. Anyway I chalked it up to the natural display and that was just how it was but finally he wore me down and we went on the search for a solution, this is the part that might interest the OP, the solution ended up being to install Nova Launcher, setting it as the default UI, and then turning off an option that we didn't have access to in the stock UI.
The end. Based on how the directions say to turn it off, by making a selecting the stock UI/launcher, I wonder if you could do something similar to what we did. Install a launcher, make it the default, then switch back to the default UI and ignore the cat UI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Still not found working solutions :(
Does it go away if you install a different UI like Nova Launcher? If installing another UI makes it go away but uninstalling it makes it come back, maybe find a UI that you like. Nova is one of the most popular by far but there are several out there to choose from that you might like better.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz