how well does the Inspire handle flash content?

burroloco11

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My last android phone was a samsung captivate and I want to know how well does the inspire 4g handle flash video? I watch alot of flash video on my phone so this is a important feature to me. I heard from reviews that the phone struggles when it comes to 480p video(flash) and anything higher is unwatchable. I also heard that flash 10.2 really doesnt benfit from single core phones but its recommended that you use it along with a dual core phone for the best performances. So can anyone comment and help me out before I buy this phone or if i should look at a dual core phone

satoups

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about 480p etc, but I have no issues when watching flash videos on different sites. I guess it all depends on our data connection.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about 480p etc, but I have no issues when watching flash videos on different sites. I guess it all depends on our data connection.

I don't stream much video (200mb data plan) but am on wifi. I can stream videos fine with flash. The current android framework really doesn't benefit from dual core much.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
it can stream on youtube and yahoo embedded perfectly fine. 60 fps type smooth and audio is great. its flash 10.2, not some fake flash.

but the guy above is right, its all about data connection. 5 bars or wifi will yield best result, while 1 bar might lag.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
but the guy above is right, its all about data connection. 5 bars or wifi will yield best result, while 1 bar might lag.

Mind you this is with any phone, not just inspire. Inspire will work as well as any other phone with flash 10.2, better than those without it.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
this engadget article about 10.2 flash is the reason im torn between this phone and dual core when it comes to flash viewing Flash 10.2 hits Android today, Adobe hopes for viewable 720p playback in a matter of weeks -- Engadget

Just watched a Tool music video in 720p via the youtube app (I am pretty sure it was 720p the video is available in 720p and the HQ thing was enabled). Played very well, only limits was the internet buffering.

Played smoothly once buffered