HTC Evo 4G/Bad Credit

clownberg

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love to get this phone however unfortunately I have terrible credit.I read somewhere that perhaps if I gave a deposit of say $500 they would let me sign a 2 yr agreement.Would I get the $199 phone price.Could i do this deposit through best buy on June 4(I pre-ordered the phone) or do I need to do the deposit through a Sprint store ? Does anyone have any info on this ?

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I was told you can call the Customer Service line. 1.800.639.6111 and they can do a credit check over the phone. Just make sure they know that you are wanting to buy the EVO and you want to start the process now, but don't want to finialize the account, or you can go into a sprint store and they can do it there. Either way you do it they will tell you how much you will need to get the EVO. This is from a friend that works in a Sprint store. I am calling him while he is at work tomorrow to do the same thing.

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just went and pre-ordered at Radioshack. Last I checked my credit score was low 500s, I have no phone payment history since my iPhone is in my dad's name. I have 4 years of car payments with only one or two 30 day lapses for the entirety of the loan, and about 2k in delinquent debt from 6 years back. They "approved me" for the super low deposit of 250$. It's more than I expected since last time I tried to get a smartphone in my own name the deposit was 175$ with Verizon, but that was back when the Palm Treo 700w was released.

So I'm gonna be getting the phone a 200$ with a 250$ deposit which I will get back in 12 months of good payments, though I'm unsure if I will get a check or get credits on my bill. A sprint store could probably start the process, but they CAN'T PREORDER THE EVO, Radioshack can, however, and do the credit check/pre-evaluation for you. I highly doubt your fee will be higher than mine. Best Buy should be able to do the same. Be aware if you buy the phone with cash it will cost an additional 8$ to make the deposit. Apparently that is a cost on Sprint's end that the retailer will pass on to you, a credit card avoids this. I was assured that a Visa Check card avoids this fee as well.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
BestBuy told me the most you'd need to pay for a downpayment on a line is $150... you might want to check them out...

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Sweet I just got my credit check setup and it isn't going to require me to put a deposit down. And I will have $150 limit per month on my account. so if i wanted to spend $80 on ringtones then i can. Not going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777