HTC One - Which carrier will get the 4.3 update first?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which carrier will get the 4.3 update first?

Yep, and so should everyone else! :-D Stop being a zombie to the carriers and phone makers!!

not everyone can treat their phone like a toy. thats what 200 tablets are for. not interested in using my phone with continuous beta builds.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

T-mobile, only because the t-mobile version seems to be an unlocked unbranded no bloat phone.

Moto X

Edit: my bad, thought we were talking about the moto x

Last edited:

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

My money is on Sprint. If I'm wrong, I'll go to the pet store and wiggle my hand in the lionfish tank until it stings me...okay maybe not that part.

Posted via Android Central App

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Had a reason to stop at AT&T store today. Guy I talked to actually knew Dev devices were getting it already. Says nothing has trickled down to them in stores yet about a rollout date. And he has a One. And he wants 4.3 too. So we just play the waiting game. I really haven't had any issues with my One that would make a 3 or 4 week delay in 4.3 rolling out to my phone start me foaming at the mouth or cursing HTC or AT&T at this point. The improvements in the OS that have been pointed out will be welcome but not earth shattering. I hear the software has been modded to improve low light camera sensitivity.

I had my first real chance today to put my money where my mouth is and take some low light photos against an older iPhone5 and a Samsung S4 earlier this evening. The One was not perfect but was head and shoulders above the other two.

It was twilight at a winery near us and they do Sangria Thursday every week. Just about sundown and the "party lights" around the cabana had come on but we were out by the picnic tables with the other smokers. We got to talking about pictures and phones. In the light we had, the S4 took a picture with no flash and it was really dark and shadowy which made the faces hard to distinguish of the people around the table except the 2 people in the exact center of the focus point. The iPhone5 flashed and was totally washed out and there was even some red-eye. The One was reminiscent of when you watch a golf tournament on TV and even though the announcers keep saying it's almost too dark to see the ball the cameras have no trouble but the colors all look slightly off. That's what I got. A decent picture, in focus, no flash, all faces easily recognizable, but the picture was actually brighter than the available light was to the naked eye so the colors were a bit skewed. Not the purple thing others have reported, more like sliding the contrast or brightness too high in Photoshop.

Still. There was a unanimous consensus at the table that the One ... well to put it simply ... Won.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Hoping for At&t but not gonna worry if its months. Love this phone still.

Sent from my HTC One

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

ATT for sure. I had a vivid on Att and we were the first to get the ICS UPDATE in North America. Some phones launched with it but the vivid got the update. I haven't been skeptical since.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

ATT for sure. I had a vivid on Att and we were the first to get the ICS UPDATE in North America. Some phones launched with it but the vivid got the update. I haven't been skeptical since.

I wouldn't call one phone update to put AT&T in lead :x.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site

man I thought for a second this morning that maybe ATT gave a damn about their customers but soon realized HTC was pushing it out to Unlocked One's as well as Dev. I hope my fellow ATT brothers get this update soon. Its nice to be running up to date software.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Yep, and so should everyone else! :-D Stop being a zombie to the carriers and phone makers!!

Easy for you to say. I know zip when it comes to this.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Easy for you to say. I know zip when it comes to this.

It wasn't easy for me to say! It took lots of reading and video watching before I took the plunge, you CAN do it!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well, there you go; then be the zombie then! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

:-(

Well we aren't zombies it's just I used to ROM.. Get annoying setting up again. The update isn't super important. It would just be nice if carriers could get their acts together... I know they won't... Just would be nice :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. ROMs were more of a solution 2 years ago. People get tired of it. And for most people being told learn to to install ROMs as a solution isn't effective when they shouldn't have to in the first place. If a salesman told me any other electronic device required me to learn how to tinker with it to get the most out of it I'd laugh all the way out of the store. I stopped buying carrier phones a year ago, now I don't have to.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

It was stated by @LlabTooFeR on twitter the other day that AT&T and T-Mobile would be next
to recieve 4.3

BA

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. ROMs were more of a solution 2 years ago. People get tired of it. And for most people being told learn to to install ROMs as a solution isn't effective when they shouldn't have to in the first place. If a salesman told me any other electronic device required me to learn how to tinker with it to get the most out of it I'd laugh all the way out of the store. I stopped buying carrier phones a year ago, now I don't have to.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

honestly, most electronics you buy do require you working with them if you want the best performance out of them. i sure as heck didn't leave my laptop stock from the way i bought it nor did i use my tv with the standard store settings right out of the box. my biggest gripe with the phone update is the fact that for whatever reason companies like samsung and htc and the like have to wait for the carriers to push their updates out when someone like apple can bypass that and just push the update themselves...anyone know why that is?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe