Name: HTC Thunderbolt*
Carrier: Verizon Wireless with 4G LTE support*
Manufacturer: HTC*
Display: 4.3 inches, WVGA 480X800, Super LCD
Software Version: Android 2.2, upgradable to 2.3, 2.4 in the near future*
Skin: The New HTC Sense*
Cameras: 8.0 megapixel with Dual LED flash*, 1.3 megapixel front facing camera*
Announcement Date: ANNOUNCED!
Other: Kickstand with speaker underneath for Dolby and SRS sound*, 3.5 mm headphone jack*, notification light*, 8 GB onboard memory plus included 32 GB card, video chat with skype mobile built in to the OS*, compass (strange for HTC)*
Processor: 1 GHZ MSM8655 Snapdragon (next generation)*
Release Date: Feb 24, Feb 28, March?
Price: $249.99 or $299.99

Let me know if I left something out!
SUB-dawg :)

EDIT LOG:
12/28/10: added 3 pictures
12/28/10: added 7 more pics!!!
12/30/10: edited info based on THIS link
1/6/11: edited info, * if confirmed by HTC!!!
2/20/11: added 4 pics
2/21/11: added more detailed information!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisy

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It was rumored to have the msm8655 but that could have changed though I wish they would sneek the 8660 in their

Last edited:

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I hope this is NOT just an Evo clone on Verizon. I hope it has some sort of hardware advantage over the Evo. Don't get me wrong, the Evo is a great phone. But I think it would just be a lazy move to make the exact same phone, only working on Verizon. The Evo isn't "old", but it has been long enough since the Evo released that I would expect and hope that Verizon's version will get something more--a better processor, better screen, SOMETHING.

I would fall in love if it had a higher resolution screen. But some call me a dreamer.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Evo.

And I think they're going to put the new Snapdragon processor (with the really good GPU) and a better kickstand.

I hope, for HTC, that they atleast put a better screen. The 65k color screen on the Evo gets outshined by the Galaxy S's like crazy.

Otherwise, everything else on the Evo is good imo.

Reactions: rhelfand

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
on the topic of a kickstand, in an HTC advertisement it shows the veiled device horizontal. i think it will have a kickstand.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I hope this is NOT just an Evo clone on Verizon. I hope it has some sort of hardware advantage over the Evo. Don't get me wrong, the Evo is a great phone. But I think it would just be a lazy move to make the exact same phone, only working on Verizon. The Evo isn't "old", but it has been long enough since the Evo released that I would expect and hope that Verizon's version will get something more--a better processor, better screen, SOMETHING.

I would fall in love if it had a higher resolution screen. But some call me a dreamer.

when I said it's mostly a verizon evo, I wasn't saying it's an exact clone. have you seen the leaked hardware pics? it looks way different then the Evo. Personally, I don't like the evo's plastic back and capacitive button layout.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah seems like this is the VZW evo with specs like the desire HD. But the next evo will most likely be the real beast

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky