HTC Vivid SMS message pending

tambrosino

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Almost every time that I send a text message it stays with the message pending symbol, then proceeds to send the same message multiple times to the recipient while still saying the message is pending. I have tried turning the phone off and on but it hasn't done anything. Any suggestions?

Minga19

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the problem too sometimes, I THINK it happens when it switches between LTE and HSPA simultaneously.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Stock ROM issue for one, and Stock Messaging app. If anything, force stopping ON OCCASION helps.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This was one of the main issues that caused me to return mine, aside from the erratic WiFi and default app settings getting randomly changed randomly and every reboot.

SMS seemed to take a ridiculously long time to send. Sometimes up to a minute before it would actually send the SMS. It had to be the phone, because when I switched to the Ion and then to the Skyrocket the problem went away. Lots of times I'd be in a conversation and people would text me wondering if I had started ignoring them because the texts would take so long to send (and even after being sent, they still take a while to get to the recipient on any phone so you can only imagine the type of lag I was getting).

Doesn't seem to be a workaround for this issue, other than using another ROM on your phone which IMO is a huge hassle. HOpefully they push out an update to fix it for you guys.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This was one of the main issues that caused me to return mine, aside from the erratic WiFi and default app settings getting randomly changed randomly and every reboot.

SMS seemed to take a ridiculously long time to send. Sometimes up to a minute before it would actually send the SMS. It had to be the phone, because when I switched to the Ion and then to the Skyrocket the problem went away. Lots of times I'd be in a conversation and people would text me wondering if I had started ignoring them because the texts would take so long to send (and even after being sent, they still take a while to get to the recipient on any phone so you can only imagine the type of lag I was getting).

Doesn't seem to be a workaround for this issue, other than using another ROM on your phone which IMO is a huge hassle. HOpefully they push out an update to fix it for you guys.

The only possible updates this Vivid will get, stock, will be either Sense 4.0 or JellyBean...

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Curious...will we get a chance to move to JellyBean? Are there some restrictions as to hardware level, service provider, etc.? When I got my replacement phone, it had GB on it and I was told to updated to ICS. I sort of wondered about JB...

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious...will we get a chance to move to JellyBean? Are there some restrictions as to hardware level, service provider, etc.? When I got my replacement phone, it had GB on it and I was told to updated to ICS. I sort of wondered about JB...

Kurt

The HTC Vivid, stock, meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Jellybean, it's all up to HTC and Carriers to push out the update OTA. Once it's ready, I'll go back to stock to try it out.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Vivid, stock, meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Jellybean, it's all up to HTC and Carriers to push out the update OTA. Once it's ready, I'll go back to stock to try it out.

The Vivid's specs blow the minimum requirements for JB out of the water. If the Galaxy Nexus can take anything, the Vivid can also take it since the Nexus is a reference phone and the Vivid's specs are almost on par with it (aside from Screen Resolution and Processor brand/type).

Yes, it will be interesting to see what AT&T does with their Late 2011/Early 2012 Flagships. Whether they will update them to JB. I know the ICS updates for pretty much all their devices (not sure about the LG Nitro HD, though) introduced some major (well, depending on who you are they may be ignorable) bugs.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How did you remove the auto signature feature? this is urgent, i need to be able to text from my phone and at the moment all messages are pending!

Go into Messages. Press Menu. Click Settings. Click General. Uncheck Signature.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohsin sadat