I am considering cheating on my G2

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello... I am starting to seriously consider returning my G2 for... the HD7... I know it isn't even out yet but it looks like the Evo of T-Mobile, I am not sure if it has that "4G" but it really doesn't matter, as I do not even have such coverage in my area.... What do you think I should do? I love to game and Android is already a well established platform, I don't want to make a jump to a whole different platform just to find out it has no developer support. I have the G2 and I have to replace it now because it still has a hinge problem, this is a huge downside to me... so? HD7 or G2?

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My problem with WP7 is that the UI is beautiful, but it's pretty limited in what you can do with it. I change the look of my Nexus One pretty dramatically every 3rd week almost. I think I'd be pretty bored with WP7 or iOS at this point.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
If I were your G2 I would get a divorce, leave you with the kids, and hightail it down to Miami for talking about me like that. It seems your main decision is WP7 vs Android. Personally WP7 hasn't shown me anything that's really impressive.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
They say a thousand apps will be available in the market at launch! It may not have tethering or copy and paste... but Microsoft promises updates for these features are coming

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Locked=no, no. If you want to get an Evo-like phone made by HTC, then go ahead. The only problem I would have is that I would get bored of it eventually (happened to me and the iPhone). After two months, the Android OS has given me the gift of customizations.

Forrest

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Locked=no, no. If you want to get an Evo-like phone made by HTC, then go ahead. The only problem I would have is that I would get bored of it eventually (happened to me and the iPhone). After two months, the Android OS has given me the gift of customizations.

Isnt my G2 locked in a way? I cant take it over. If i delete a program via root, it restores it.

I woudlnt buy any more microsoft product than i had to, so a windows phone is a no no and same with iOS but i still crave ownership of my phone which i dont have.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're trying to return before your grace period ends, don't let us second guess you, do what YOU want or you will most likely end up regretting it in the end.

I've been following all the great guys over there at XDA and they are really working hard on rooting this thing, so I believe this will happen. I assume you've seen the overclock video already, custom ROMS will really unleash this beast. But if you aren't willing to bet $500 on the G2's hackability (which is understandable) and are really tempted by WP7, then go for it.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Whatever floats your boat. Wp7 isn't for me so I could care less about it. Don't think it will be succesful in the long run mainly because microsoft has almost zero mindshare with consumers in the smartphone space. I don't see IT departments going with this over RIM. Sure there are a few loyal fans but most of them have moved over to android.

Just look at all the coverage last week the launch got. And look at how few people cared really about it. If you want that form factor beg HTC to send over the sexy Desire HD

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been an android user since the beginning (G1 on T-mobile). I now have an Evo. I honestly would trade it in for a powerful iOS, webOS, or Windows Phone 7 device any day.

That being said, it seems to me like you should return the G2, and wait for the HD7. Once it comes out, if you don't like it, you can still use your upgrade and go back to the G2 if you like. If you have no problem paying full price for the HD7, however, just keep the G2 and make your decision then.