I feel really bad

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Good point! Thanks for the reminder. I actually did that once or twice the other day, then forgot that it was an option.

This way is better than nothing, but IMO still weird to be left out of the Quick Toggles. I don't really use Silent mode, but if one wanted to, you can't enact it by the method you mentioned. The Galaxy phones have the 3 options right from the Quick Toggles where it should be IMO. It's a very small thing overall still.

Oh, I agree. I would much rather have a quick setting, too.

Same here. I wish the Pixel had the sound toggle in the quick settings too. I'm so used to that from my Samsungs. I'm coming from the Note 7, and I never preferred a curved screen. I also didn't use the stylus ever on either my Note 4 or Note 7.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....rascarlo.quick.settings.tiles&token=EtO3PAA3

Samsung, LG and others include things. Google makes them in a way that others can include anything. Different philosophy, and neither is right or wrong.

Either way, the Tiles app is awesome.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Good point! Thanks for the reminder. I actually did that once or twice the other day, then forgot that it was an option.

This way is better than nothing, but IMO still weird to be left out of the Quick Toggles. I don't really use Silent mode, but if one wanted to, you can't enact it by the method you mentioned. The Galaxy phones have the 3 options right from the Quick Toggles where it should be IMO. It's a very small thing overall still.
Check out an app called Volume Ace. It has a widget that lets you toggle through your volume profiles. I love it and have to install it on every phone.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I felt your pain, but the pixel is pretty close to the note 7 if not better in some areas
Hahahahaha, heck no. They're not even in the same league. The design and technology packed into the Note 7 is like comparing a VW to an S-Class Mercedes. The only thing the Pixel has going for it is updates and stock Droid, but even the stock Droid benefit is debatable. I would feel the same way as the OP.

Jde2466

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait for my Pixel XL. I have almost threw my Note 7 several times because of lag. Opening the camera app and it lagging so much that I miss the shot I am trying to take. It gets annoying. My Note 4 did the same thing and I swore I wouldn't go back to Samsung but I did. Now I am happy that I am able to switch to something else. I have experienced lag everywhere on this phone. It is the best feeling phone I have ever held but the lag was driving me crazy.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
omg! i am sooooo with you! Samsung Pay is like crack...Giving it up and ONLY being able to use NFC enabled terminals is UNTHINKABLE for me...lol

IF you have never used it then Android/ApplePay is DEFINITELY "good enough" BUT if you have, going backwards isn't an option....Mayyyybe once NFC is accepted EVERYWHERE, i'll consider it, but for now,
HAVE to have Samsung Pay with MST!

BTC

I am with you, but there are still enough places that it doesn't work (gas stations) or impractical (most restaurants) that I always have to have my wallet with me. That is what made me less addicted. If it was the point that I could leave my wallet at home . . . . I would have never left.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hahahahaha, heck no. They're not even in the same league. The design and technology packed into the Note 7 is like comparing a VW to an S-Class Mercedes. The only thing the Pixel has going for it is updates and stock Droid, but even the stock Droid benefit is debatable. I would feel the same way as the OP.

and availability, which I find to be critical for a phone . . .

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am with you, but there are still enough places that it doesn't work (gas stations) or impractical (most restaurants) that I always have to have my wallet with me. That is what made me less addicted. If it was the point that I could leave my wallet at home . . . . I would have never left.

Watched this video on Credit Card skimming @ the gas pump and i will NEVER pay at the pump AGAIN! (And restaurants too for that matter... If i am requested to let a credit card out of my site for even a second, i refuse!) They let me pay at the bar!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gas+station+skimmers

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
My XL is sitting in the counter and I can't bring myself to activate it. I love my note 7 and don't have the return box yet. It figures I would be happy to wait on backorder but got it on day 1.
You should still do it. That phone really is not safe. Also, find out why you haven't gotten you box yet. If you got it through your carrier or at BestBuy, you should be able to walk in there and have them take it back, as well.

The sooner you pull the trigger, the better.

Never mind. I saw later that you did it. Definitely use the assistant to see what you can take over. Also, check into other styluses - it's not going to be the same, but it might work well enough.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
That's odd - they were supposed to be taking them back. I would call Verizon to see what the deal is.

Here is what their site says:

If you purchased your Note7 from a retailer such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart, or an Authorized Verizon Wireless Retailer, please return to your original point of purchase to upgrade your Note7 to another device.

If you purchased your Note7 at a Verizon Wireless store, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...zonglobalhome/ghp_landing.aspx&token=nOtcbQDc or from a Customer Service Representative, the most efficient way to replace your device is online, rather than visiting a Verizon store.

To upgrade your device online:

Shop online to replace your device: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/smartphones/&token=-kPXUgmC
Select a replacement device and click Add to cart.
Under "Existing Customer" click Upgrade.
Sign in to My Verizon.
Select the Note7 to upgrade and click Continue.

Follow the steps to purchase your replacement device.

You'll be credited* for your Galaxy Note7 purchase, including equipment charges, device payment charges, taxes, any applicable down payments, and accessories purchased on a Verizon Wireless account.

https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon won't take them back in store at the 3 corporate stores I've been to.
You have to call, they send a special box. I got mine just before the Pixel XL came but haven't sent it back yet. Partly too busy setting up the Pixel, which is growing on me, though it will never be the Note, but still, excellet screen, decent camera, I've downloaded a bunch of apps to do some of what the Note was doing that I liked (the palm swipe screenshot, for one though I still haven't found an app to replicate the AOD that actually works), and the battery seems quite good. I am somewhat putting it off because it feels so final, and is. Ah well. Tomorrow, it gets packed up.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Google abandoned this after the N5 and I still wonder why. They also could have took the double tap feature from their N9 tablet to wake up the screen. Would have made the FPS being on the back less of an issue.
Definitely agree about the double tap. Wireless charging is, IMO, a step back in its current form. Wired charging is more beneficial currently.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
omg! i am sooooo with you! Samsung Pay is like crack...Giving it up and ONLY being able to use NFC enabled terminals is UNTHINKABLE for me...lol

IF you have never used it then Android/ApplePay is DEFINITELY "good enough" BUT if you have, going backwards isn't an option....Mayyyybe once NFC is accepted EVERYWHERE, i'll consider it, but for now,

BTC

BTC
Truly truly truly miss Samsung pay but other than that, glad I have the Pixel XL now b

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
For those of you mentioning no sound toggle, I use the Do not disturb toggle. I find it pretty much does the same thing, unless I'm missing something.

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure this is common knowledge but I'm getting in the habit of just saying OK Google, which wakes my phone up...then I press the home button immediately and that's how I wake my phone up. It's the easier and lazier way to wake it up without having to use the FPS on back or the power button on the side.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this is common knowledge but I'm getting in the habit of just saying OK Google, which wakes my phone up...then I press the home button immediately and that's how I wake my phone up. It's the easier and lazier way to wake it up without having to use the FPS on back or the power button on the side.
I curious to see how well that will work in the middle of a business meeting.

lcousins

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I can't imagine..I hope to activate as soon as it comes out of the box. I got the email that they were in, but i waited the next day to order and they were sold out already. I have to port my number. I only hope it doesn't cause a delay when bit arrives

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything the OP said with the exception of the screen. The XL is brighter and seems slightly more crisp than the six or so n7s at home and around the office. Not to sure in direct sunlight though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais