I recorded a video, and cant find it.

Michael_A

Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi, my name is Michael. I deleted a lot of stuff on my phone to free up space for youtube videos. When I deleted a lot of stuff, I had around 28% storage left. After that, I wanted to record a dummy video on my phone just to see how long it would record for. I came back just in time to see the video hit the one hour mark. The problem is, when it hit the one hour mark, the timer on the top that says how long it had been recording for, had restarted, and went back to 1 second, 2 second, etc. I went back to delete the video, because I got the info I wanted on how long it would record for, but when I went to delete the video, I couldn't even find it. Now I have a video that's over an hour long stored on my phone somewhere, and I can't find it. Now I have no space left for anything because of this. Does anybody know where I can find the video? Please help if you see this.

Michael_A

Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
I've looked everywhere I could. it's like the video just doesn't want to be deleted bcause I cant find It. I know is somewhere my phone though because it's taking up so much space on my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, did you also use the file manager app to look specifically on the SD card? The directory would still be /DCIM/Camera. (Sorry if you've done these things already, but just want to make sure.)

If you don't see it on the SD card, then see if there's a directory there called LOST.DIR. If so, do you see any large files in there?

Michael_A

Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
Do I have to have a computer to do any of these things? Because if I do have to have one, I don't have one, and I think I might be screwed.

Edit : I gotta go to bed for school so I'll check back on this tomarrow. Thanks for helping me so far.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't need a computer to browse the SD card. Just use My Files (or any other good 3rd party file manager app like Files by Google) and use the Browser or Explore option to look at the SD card.

Michael_A

Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
omg...

I found it.

I found it in the DCIM --> Camrea section.

I don't know why it wasn't there before, because it wasn't showing, but is there now. And guess how big it was.. 6.8 giga bytes.....

I don't wanna be that type of person that just leaves you hanging when I figure out the problem with your help, so thank you so much for your helping me. Without you, I pob wouldn't have found it. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I hope you have a great Day/Night.

Thanks again, goodbye!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54