icloud email on android

android8442

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Cannot load icloud email account onto S7 Edge - Authentication failed message.
My gmail account loads on my phone fine and my icloud account can be accessed when I log in via web a browser and also when loading to a Iphone6s
I've spoke with o2 twice this morning as have tried a manual set up and I still get the same error message. I've tried installing my icloud account on third party email apps but it won't work. I've spoken to Samsung who have scheduled a remote technical visit on my phone on Monday. Having no emails readily available is driving me nuts. The icloud account used to work fine prior to this morning and I've also tried to do a 2 step verification password which is recommended on the Apple website but this has not rectified anything. Anyone have any ideas or had this issue before?

Bill C2

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
I have had the S7 Edge since it was released and it seems that my icloud email will no longer load since yesterday. I keep getting "Sign-in failed" notification. I've tried resetting the email account on the phone without success. I'm beginning to really hate this phone! Any suggestions beside going back to Apple?

android8442

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
I've spent quite a few hrs on this today doing various tests before I resorted to picking the phone up. I was directed to call apple by o2 as its an icloud account I was trying to load which wasnt playing ball. Reluctantly I called apple and was advised it's something to do with a 2 step varification which is added security. As I changed my icloud password this morning I have to wait till Monday afternoon to do apple's varification before trying to reload my emails.
I shall update in Monday if it was sucessful or not

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Also having the same problem but on my OnePlus 3T, my iCloud just stopped working last night.... it's not phone specific. I think Apple had a brain fart and decided to make two step verification mandatory..... just great -_-

eilt

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Also having the same problem but on my OnePlus 3T, my iCloud just stopped working last night.... it's not phone specific. I think Apple had a brain fart and decided to make two step verification mandatory..... just great -_-

Mine hasn't been working since 16June. SO ANNOYED and i cant sign in using android browser.
HELPPP

Tobym1982

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I went into the accounts in settings and added my icloud or apple account in the personal email its kinda tricky but it took and also my microsoft account as well but im running custom roms and rooted also i change the imei and model of my phone before i added the accounts i practically changed my phone from a samsung to 3bdifferemt types of models

Am12eaz

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
My gmail account loads on my phone fine and my icloud account can be accessed when I log in via web a browser and also when loading to a Iphone6s
I've spoke with o2 twice this morning as have tried a manual set up and I still get the same error message. I've tried installing my icloud account on third party email apps but it won't work. I've spoken to Samsung who have scheduled a remote technical visit on my phone on Monday. Having no emails readily available is driving me nuts. The icloud account used to work fine prior to this morning and I've also tried to do a 2 step verification password which is recommended on the Apple website but this has not rectified anything. Anyone have any ideas or had this issue before?

Hi there I had the same issue and neither ape or Samsung support managed to sort this issue.

What you need to do is log into you icloud account on a iPad or iPhone and go to security tab and then create a APP SPECIFIC password... Enter that app specific password as the password when you go to add the email account on your android device remember to include the hyphens also. You will be back in business there on out

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I have had the S7 Edge since it was released and it seems that my icloud email will no longer load since yesterday. I keep getting "Sign-in failed" notification. I've tried resetting the email account on the phone without success. I'm beginning to really hate this phone! Any suggestions beside going back to Apple?
That's insanity... Apple are being anti competitive and ensuring their email doesn't work with other tech... Why do back to them?

Best idea, set up forwarding to a new email address in iCloud, both Microsoft outlook and Gmail offer far more open and more reliable email services.

Johan Skaneby

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

I had a 45 min session with a senior support guy att Apple today, We tried evertying including the new app password generation. We concluded that the Samsung stock email app did not support the new Apple Security method including 2 factor / and app specific password generation .He would rise the issue with the engineers. The work around for now is using another email client. I tried with MS outlook on Android which kicked in immediately. It also seems to have matured a lot since I used it last time. So all fine now. My advice is to not spend much time on hacking around this issue until Samsung and Apple solves it. Just use a better email client .

Moonlilybeam

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Finally stopped obsessing about this icloud thing on my phone. So you get into your apple id sign in Apple ID must be protected with two-factor authentication. It's a pain because now I have to verify my sign thru my phone to get in any other devices (argh). Then Manage app-specific passwords. You'll get a new password to get into your account on your phone. Make sure you use it when typing password on your phone username is minus the @me.com then manually set it...what helped is the imap.mail.me.com SSS/TLs server incoming and smtp.mail.me.com STARTTLS (accepts all etc) server outgoing. Actually someone posted all that already just grateful but you need the authentication first and do manage specific password next. Tada...don't have to downgrade from the new update anymore...

Never posted before sorry for rambling...now I can concentrate on real work.:D

I had a 45 min session with a senior support guy att Apple today, We tried evertying including the new app password generation. We concluded that the Samsung stock email app did not support the new Apple Security method including 2 factor / and app specific password generation .He would rise the issue with the engineers. The work around for now is using another email client. I tried with MS outlook on Android which kicked in immediately. It also seems to have matured a lot since I used it last time. So all fine now. My advice is to not spend much time on hacking around this issue until Samsung and Apple solves it. Just use a better email client .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao