ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks - i need to do something. so a regular factory reset may help? i dont' need to clear the USB Storage, correct?
i assume if i do the reset then all apps just reload? is there anything else i need to be aware of - thank you once again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would export your contacts list to your USB storage and onto your computer just incase. Yes I know its sync'd to Google and your Gmail but sometimes a few contacts get missed... This way you can import them back in this event.

Also texts/mms can be saved using SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store (Free)

Concerning your apps/settings go into Settings>Backup & Restore and make sure you have Backup/Sync to Google servers checked.

nascar_fan

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay here goes, My wife and mother have stock Nexus S 4G's with ICS. They both complain about not being able to answer the phone in time before it goes to voice mail. All the steps it takes just to answer a call. First you have to slide to unlock then press the key pad button, and then press 1 to answer a call or 2 to send it to voice mail. But by the time you take it out of your pocket or a purse and go through all those steps the call already went to voice mail.
Is anybody else having this problem?

Dead Palm Pre to SGS11 Epic 4G Touch

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This makes no sense, when a call comes in for me I just have to slide the lock circle to answer or decline. Unlocking the phone from the lock screen while there is an incoming call isnt even
even an option. Go to settings phone and hunt around for what is making you have to unlock first

nascar_fan

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay here goes, My wife and mother have stock Nexus S 4G's with ICS. They both complain about not being able to answer the phone in time before it goes to voice mail. All the steps it takes just to answer a call. First you have to slide to unlock then press the key pad button, and then press 1 to answer a call or 2 to send it to voice mail. But by the time you take it out of your pocket or a purse and go through all those steps the call already went to voice mail.

OK, when the phone rings and you press the lock, to the left you get a red phone icon, to the top you get a message icon, and the right you get a green phone icon. when you slide the lock to the green icon you get the open phone app like you are in a call but the bar at the bottom with the phone icon in the middle is red and it tells you to press 1 to accept the call or press 2 to send the call to voice mail...But by the time you get the phone out of your pocket, slide the lock to the green icon, press the key pad icon and the key pad comes up so you can press 1, the call already went to voice mail.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
i updated and my radio is so much worse - can't get wifi anywhere in my house and when i'm next to router i still don't have full signal. also seems buggy -but only at times. sometimes runs smoother other times not- very frustrating. i want to roll back and/or reinstall

I don't know what you talking about but I'm now getting full bars with the update maybe u have to reinstall the update and do a few battery tests

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Dead Palm Pre to SGS11 Epic 4G Touch

That's Google voice tell them to disable it in order to answer the phone regular

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nascar_fan

deathpod

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I ran into a similar issue with Google Voice. It used to happen on my Evo 4G with froyo and gingerbread, and pretty much since day one with the NS4G. The call screening feature is handy but I'd really rather just answer the phone and not worry about it. I just disabled the call screening option all together and haven't looked back.

Though every once in a while I get a voicemail notification but the phone never rang. Pretty sure it's unrelated to the delay you're talking about. Not sure if I should blame Sprint or Google Voice, but it doesn't happen enough to really bother me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia