if you have the UAG case for your Note5, have you ever dropped it?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

the reason I'm asking is that I have a co-worker who has the UAG case in orange. she no longer wants it because she bought the Otterbox Defender Note5 case instead. She'll let me have it for free, if I pay the postage from Guam to the East Coast. Just wondering if it's worth the few bucks for postage.

This one:

UAG-Galaxy-Note-5-case.jpeg

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

the reason I'm asking is that I have a co-worker who has the UAG case in orange. she no longer wants it because she bought the Otterbox Defender Note5 case instead. She'll let me have it for free, if I pay the postage from Guam to the East Coast. Just wondering if it's worth the few bucks for postage.

This one:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites.../08/UAG-Galaxy-Note-5-case.jpeg?itok=m7QJ7W96

If you don't want it, send it here! They are great cases.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The one on my note 4 had a very small lip. Other than that, it would be fine

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The one on my note 4 had a very small lip. Other than that, it would be fine

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I guess it should be fine, if landed on a flat surface.... but no amount of lip will protect the front screen glass if the phone lands on surface with small rocks or other hard objects... (hopefully, the tempered glass screen protector will sacrifice itself first... :) )

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they work fine with wireless chargers.
I worry that there is little to no protection on the S-Pen corner of the UAG case. If you drop and it hits the S-Pen corner, there will be damage.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they work fine with wireless chargers.
I worry that there is little to no protection on the S-Pen corner of the UAG case. If you drop and it hits the S-Pen corner, there will be damage.

I've been wondering about that as well. I'm going to guess that if the Note5 is dropped and that corner makes contact first, the S-Pen will pop out. Worstcase, the chrome tip of the S-Pen will be scratched or fall off(which has happened to a couple of people on this forum) A replacement S-Pen is about $30, so not that huge of a deal... :)

On the other hand, if the S-Pen doesn't pop out during the drop, there may be a nasty dent in that corner.... I guess UAG had to design it that way in order to make it easy to take the S-Pen out. I've tried the Otterbox Defender, Symmetry, and Commuter boxes... better protection in that corner, but I had to dig deep with my fingernail to take out the S-Pen.

Or just do what my 96-year-old Grandpa said once: "don't drop the darn phone or I"m deducting it out of my will..." :) :(

coltlash02

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Have Otterbox Defender on Note 5. And hate it! I hate the Note 5 design since the Defender on this version allows dust and dirt under screen protector. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via the Android Central App

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Have Otterbox Defender on Note 5. And hate it! I hate the Note 5 design since the Defender on this version allows dust and dirt under screen protector. Anyone else experience this?

I had the Defender case on my previous Note phones(2, 3, 4). I always took of the built-in screen protector and used tempered glass screen protectors.

With the Note5, I wanted a smaller/thinner case that still offered reasonable protection. I ended up buying the UAG case yesterday. Obviously it's not as rugged as a Defender case.... just don't know how good it will be in the unlikely event that I drop the Note5.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Ive had notes 2 thru 5 now and only chipped my 3 with a uag case and it was my fault so i strongly believe front glass wise anything under a 6 foot drop is good but u can never really b safe droppin ur phone face down.

Off topic but ive been running spigen cases now due to their price and its less bulky

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the UAG on mine. I've dropped it a few times and there are no issues. The highest being from 4 feet. Used UAG on my S3 without any issues.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Where are all the Note 5/UAG drop test videos? :p

You know, that what I've been wondering. Nobody has upload one on YouTube yet. :( I think there are a few with S6 in UAG cases, but the Note5 is much heavier.

Edit: you know what, there are also no drop test videos on YouTube of the S6 in UAG case..... (except one guy, but he didn't open the case to see if the S6's glass back was cracked or not) Something is fishy here....

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Lmfao

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

corrected typo..... what I meant to say was "if you owe me money" :)

You can pay me back via PayPal, Amazon Payments, Western Union,
Visa, MasterCared, American Express, Google Wallet, postal money
order, certified bank check, or even a couple of live goats. :)

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the orange (rust) UAG case on my Note 5, one drop from about waist level onto a carpeted concrete floor in BestBuy as I pulled the phone out of my pocket to use Samsung Pay. S-Pen shot out like it was launched out of a cannon, but no damage to anything. This is 2nd phone I've had a UAG on, I would recommend these cases highly. And no issues with wireless charging on the Note 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54