Incredible Review Thread

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been on these forums up and down trying to decide whether or not to dump my Moto Droid for an Incredible (at full retail). I have a couple of basic questions that I am hoping former Moto Droid owners and answer. I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked and answered before. I looked all over and didn't see them.

1. How is the STOCK Incredible keyboard comparted to the Moto Droid STOCK keyboard?
2. How is the signal strength on the Incredible compared to the Moto Droid? I have heard everything about the signal strength meter not being accurate. I am looking for does it work where your Moto Droid didn't or vice versa.
3. In syncing Exchange, my Moto Droid had to use the Touchdown app to get a signature on the emails that I sent. I know gmail offers that option, but my Moto Droid didn't offer that option using the stock email app. Does the Incredible offer the capability to insert my email signature on the stock email app that comes on the phone when using my corporate exchange email account?
4. I have heard rumours that in NC the phone suddenly reboots? Is this just a NC problem or a nationwide problem with HTC or Verizon?

Thanks,
Bryan

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the Inc. yesterday and I can now answer all of my own questions:

1. Inc. on screen keyboard is so much easier to type on and so much more accurate than the Moto Droids on screen keyboard.
2. Although the signal strength meter often shows less signal than the Moto Droid, if you go in and look at the actual signal strength in settings/about phone, the Inc. is consistently better.
3. You CAN in fact have a signature on your corporate exchange email account while using the stock email interface that comes on the phone. The default signature says "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Device"
4. This was a Verizon problem and NOT a HTC problem. An email went out from VZW yesterday am saying that the problem had been corrected.

Bryan