Pixel Fold- Reviews and device thoughts

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I know @bkdodger2 always buys the latest and greatest. Just curious if the new Samsung Fold will supplant his Pixel Fold.
I'm definitely staying with the Pixel Fold... I just don't like that front display it's too narrow compared to using my phone now.... I did enjoy previous Samsung foldables but I'm going to wait until they decide to change the form factor... I'm curious to see when that OnePlus Open gets announced...

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely staying with the Pixel Fold... I just don't like that front display it's too narrow compared to using my phone now.... I did enjoy previous Samsung foldables but I'm going to wait until they decide to change the form factor... I'm curious to see when that OnePlus Open gets announced...
Hoping my Pixel Fold arrives Aug. 2nd. The new flip looks interesting but I will have restraint. I have a pixel watch for awhile but the new Galaxy watch 6 looks nice, back to rotating bezel. I have another Pixel watch coming with my Fold, so I will sell it and possibly trade my other watch in on it.

Have you seen specs on the OnePlus? It probably won't beat the camera of the Pixel though.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Hoping my Pixel Fold arrives Aug. 2nd. The new flip looks interesting but I will have restraint. I have a pixel watch for awhile but the new Galaxy watch 6 looks nice, back to rotating bezel. I have another Pixel watch coming with my Fold, so I will sell it and possibly trade my other watch in on it.

Have you seen specs on the OnePlus? It probably won't beat the camera of the Pixel though.
Hopefully you get it by the beginning of August.. I sold my Pixel watch this week got back a little under $200 ... I do like that Watch 6 especially 47mm but I use my AWU too much to stray to the Android side ...

Here's some alleged specs on the OnePlus

The OnePlus Open is shaping up to be a complete flagship. It is said to feature a 7.8-inch 2K AMOLED display on the inside, with a 6.3-inch AMOLED flanking the front. Both displays are expected to support a 120Hz refresh rate, though there could be differences in their minimum refresh rates if the LTPO tech differs.

The performance is said to be handled by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC and sizeable 16GB RAM. The specs leak only mentions 256GB of internal storage, but we could also see other storage tiers. A 4,800mAh battery may be on board with 67W fast charging. The report doesn’t mention wireless charging, though we cannot rule out the feature until the phone launches.

In the camera department, we might see a 48MP primary sensor, a 48MP ultrawide sensor, and a 64MP telephoto camera sensor. The cover screen could feature a 32MP shooter for selfies, and the inside screen could get a 20MP selfie snapper.

Jambor specifically claimed that the OnePlus Open would arrive with a 3x periscope camera. So it sounds like that 64MP sensor will have decent zoom capabilities.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej