Instagram pictures not saving to my gallery?

ScarlettOhara777

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I was running out of storage, so I moved/deleted some pictures and albums, via My Files, and inadvertently deleted the instagram folder in my gallery. Now, none of the pictures I upload to instagram are being saved! I uninstalled, and re-installed instagram. Re-started my phone, but still not saving... i even created a new folder entitled Instagram, but it won't save there.:( I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you used a file explorer to make sure the folder is not there? It could be there but just not visible to the gallery app. If this is the case, go into the gallery app and make sure you enable the option to display other folders, or ones specifically listed that are not displayed by default.

KwanderMeanders

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I just wanted to take a moment to let all of you know that I had the same problem and was able to resolve it. My problem started when I purchased a new phone-- a G3. When posting or sending pictures on Instagram, they were no longer saving into a folder in my gallery. I went to file manager, found a folder titled "Pictures", and found the Instagram folder inside of that. If you sift through the folder options, it allows you to move it. I moved that folder into the "Gallery" folder. I then restarted my phone and tried posting an Instagram picture. It now saves into an Instagram folder within my Gallery. I hope this helps!

Kwan

Kevin Siagian

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I can't find the folder named "Gallery" and isn't it normal if Instagram folder placed in Pictures? Please help me, the problem remains unsolved.

eugeney08

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I just wanted to take a moment to let all of you know that I had the same problem and was able to resolve it. My problem started when I purchased a new phone-- a G3. When posting or sending pictures on Instagram, they were no longer saving into a folder in my gallery. I went to file manager, found a folder titled "Pictures", and found the Instagram folder inside of that. If you sift through the folder options, it allows you to move it. I moved that folder into the "Gallery" folder. I then restarted my phone and tried posting an Instagram picture. It now saves into an Instagram folder within my Gallery. I hope this helps!

Kwan

i tried doing this but im still getting the same error.. sigh! what the hell's wrong with my phone!? aarrrrrggghh!!!

harryconnick2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed I am having the same problem, it was saving my instagram pictures in the Gallery on my Samsung S4 phone in 2 places l would take a picture using instagram it would save it the original picture in the Camera folder in the "gallery " app and then also save the filtered instagram picture in the instagram folder in the "gallery " app. Well I just noticed that all of a sudden it was not saving any of my instgram pictures at all, just the original photo in the Camera folder in the "gallery app. I tried several times to unistal instagram and reinstall it, I restarted my phone several times and still no folder. I took a picture just using the camera app, and then putting it on instagram, and there was still no IG folder in my gallery. I even went and talked to a Samsung.com tech person online and they did that smart tutor app and went on my phone, and the Samsung person couldn't help. I even tried all of this on my Samsung Tab s. and its doing the same thing, so I am thinking that this has to do with Instagram. I tried making a video and it saved my video in a instagram folder on my phone, and I did this with my tablet, same thing, saved the video in a instagram folder.

I hope somehow this gets fixed I have tried to do what everyone in the above posts have said but I cant even find any of the folders. as mentioned above. I was going to try to take my phone to best buy and talk to one of the Samsung people, but, they probably don't know anything either. I don't know why all of a sudden its doing this, its so annoying cuz I want to take pictures using instagram but my pictures aren't saving. If anyone knows how to fix this, please message me.

harryconnick2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I cant find my gallery folder either I have tried the above steps and cant get anywhere. My S4 just started doing this crap, not saving my instagram pictures. but only saving the original picture in my "gallery" app, in the Camera folder. it just outta nowhere started doing this. im thinking that this has to do with instagram, becuz I tried to do the same thing on my Tab S tablet and its doin the same crap my phone is doing.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gallery doesn't have folders. Quick lesson on Android media:

When you turn the phone on or restart it, a system app named Media Scanner scans the entire phone (including any external SD card) for media files and builds a database of filenames, locations, types of file (mp3, jog, etc). This is so that an app like Gallery doesn't have to spend 30 seconds scanning the entire phone every time you run it.

When you run Gallery, it looks in the database and makes it's own list of all files it can display. (It ignores things like sound files, of course.) Then it displays thumbnails of any files it finds. (If it has no thumbnail of a picture file, it's supposed to create one.) This is a lot faster than having every media app doing its own scan. It's also why copying a file to the phone from a computer doesn't have it show in Gallery until the next time you restart the phone. If you do that regularly, you should run an app like media.Re.Scan after the copy - it forces Media Scaner to do a new scan.

If you deleted a folder, it's not going to be found, but if you recreated it - in the place its app is expecting it (which, in most cases, means that you have to be rooted), and spelled the same (case counts), AND it's owned by the app (not by the file manager app that created it - another thing you'll need root for), it should work. Just creating a folder named Instagram won't work. It's in the wrong place, and Instagram doesn't own it, so it can't write to it (save files in it).

Fully uninstalling Instagram, restarting the phone (that's important) and installing Instagram from the Play Store (that's also important - restoring a backup may not work) should fix the problem. You won't get back your old pictures, but you'll save your new ones.

seekay13

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I didn't delete a folder or anything like that, spontaneously Photos is no longer backing up my Instagram pics. When I go to Photos to select which folders to back up, Instagram is no longer an option. Is this a feature that was removed? Is there any way to force my phone to back up my IG pics to gPhotos/gDrive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201