Installed Nova launcher but wondering what functionality gets removed

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I just installed the nova launcher which i love. However now it looks like I don't get numbers over messages when I receive a new message. I'm wondering if there's a way to get this back or is it gone for good? Also , does this affect other things like the edge lighting etc. I've definitely noticed that although this phone is heavily customizable , the stock functionality is very sensitive to change.

Best,
DRY

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
At the bottom of the settings screen there is an option for unread counts, you need to run that then it will prompt you to run another app (telsa unread (something like that). Then you will be able to choose the style etc and the apps you want the counts on.

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
At the bottom of the settings screen there is an option for unread counts, you need to run that then it will prompt you to run another app (telsa unread (something like that). Then you will be able to choose the style etc and the apps you want the counts on.

Oh no! I think it's only for nova launcher prime :(

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think any functionality is lost as far as I can see. Always install Nova Launcher full version and run Tesla Unread. Great combo.

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Well Nova is well worth the money. Plus Tesla unread also puts number badges on apps where TouchWiz doesn't.

Yes agreed it may very well be. This launcher dwarfs the stock launcher and provides everything I could want. I did install teslaunread and it seems to allow me to change the unread counts. Thanks for the help guys!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So sadly it does not appear to be working. I installed tesla unread and enabled the settings but I don't see any counts :(

It can be a little tricky the first time. After installing TeslaUnread, open the Nova Settings app, and tap Unread Count Badges. Make sure the switch is on at the upper right, and then tap TeslaUnread Settings. Now toggle on the app icons you want badges for. Have you done all of that already?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Gestures will revolutionise your Android experience trust me

And ruin you for life. I've been using the TouchWiz launcher after a long and happy period with Nova Prime (even on this S7E initially), and I *still* try to use the pull down gesture to get to my Notifications...

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
It can be a little tricky the first time. After installing TeslaUnread, open the Nova Settings app, and tap Unread Count Badges. Make sure the switch is on at the upper right, and then tap TeslaUnread Settings. Now toggle on the app icons you want badges for. Have you done all of that already?

Ahhh my bad I was being stingy. I just bought the full version and everything is working perfectly :) thanks for the help and suggestions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur