Introduce Yourselves (oh and there's a contest in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Introduce Yourselves (oh and there's a contest in here as wel

Well, like many here, Android is my drug. I started my foray into the word of smartphones with a BB Storm. It was great....until I started using it. I got so frustrated with having to delete apps to try something new that when the DX came out I jumped onto Android and never looked back. I started getting involved with the AC forums shortly after and learned everything I could about the new platform. This was the greatest place to start out and learn the basics. I rooted my DX and started flashing just about every ROM I could get my hands on and actually made it several months before I soft bricked my DX, lol. I spent many nights in the forums and was able to help a lot of people get the most out of their devices as well. Since then I have used the D2, Tbolt, Acer A500 and now rocking my very own GNex! Unfortunatly, as life often goes, I haven't had as much time to spend in the forums as I used to. Demands from work and home have taken what little free time I had. Hopefully, since work has slowed down I will be able to spend more time in the AC forums and get to know more of the newer members.

sanjuantech

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Hello, joined today to view and share on the latest ICS & Galaxy Nexus developments. My current phone is the Droid Incredible running CyanogenMod but I am waiting for the door bell to ring because my new Galaxy Nexus is arriving today :)

Pghdroidette

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Excited to move over to the Galaxy Nexus as of yesterday morning. :)

My previous phones are below:
Droid X2
Droid X
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Curve
Palm Treo
Palm Pilots...lol

I used to join in on the Crackberry forums.

In terms of participation on here? Lol. I've always been a lurker, but today I think I am going to change that and start taking part.

Cheers to another new phone! :)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I've been on Mobile Nations sites for a couple of years now. First when I got my BB Curve 8330, then my Tour 9630. When I jumped to the Droid X on launch day, there was only one place to go. AC! Oh, and I use TiPB for my Apple news.

How would you describe yourself - in terms of forum participation?

I'm a forum addict pre & post release.
I lurk in the background.

Both apply to me. I have Tapatalk, and I lurk until I find something I can contribute to. Then I contribute to my heart's content.

J0nnyHendo

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi. im jonny, more of a lurker than a poster. im loving my nexus compared to my previous android devices.
they consist of
incredible
droid x
thunderbolt
droid x 2.

i really appreciate all of the insight and help on AC, keep it up guys!

clicq0

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I just joined because I now have my very first android device, the Nexus! I came from an iPhone 3GS, and prior to that I had a dumb phone for many many years, a Nokia 3595.

I tend to lurk, but I post when I have problems or something really interesting to say. So far, I do like the power and flexibility of ICS compared to iOS, but all of these "teething" problems with the nexus make me sad :(.

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

Hello, my name is Gotice and I have been using smartphones since my first Motorola Q (wasn't very smart compared to today's technology). I have had the HTC xv6700, iPhone 3G, OG Droid, Droid 2 (rooted), Samsung Tablet, Samsung Galaxy 10" tablet, Droid Razr, and the proud owner of the GNex.

I have used blackberry(not a fan), Windows OS (altered, thanks to the great folks at XDA), tried Apple OS for exactly 3 days, hated the confinement of the system, fell in love with Android and haven't looked back.

I have belonged to the Android Central forums since I got my first Droid and it is the best for getting all the information I need to keep up; both from the ones running the site and all the posters in the forums. I have been a member of XDA since my xv6700 days.

While I don't post very often, AC is bookmarked on my computer and my phone; along with reading several news sites each day, AC is a part of my daily routine.

Thanks to all the fellow android fans and posters for all the information you people provide.

Peace out techie scouts
Gotice

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I guess I had better get to picking some winners :) Ends tomorrow at 6PM PST. Awesome intros in here.

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

What the hey, Ill give a post too.
My name is Brian. Im and admitted gadget geek ('Hi Brian', youre on the right path, admitting it. :)) Anyways, Have had too many cellphones to know what to do with. All started with me getting a Nextel (bubba talk radio) when I got my drivers license and its since turned into an addiction.
Ive had no less than 4 windows smart phones
-Tmobile MDA
-Treo running WM
-Samsung Blackjack
-HTC Touch
Briefly went to Blackberry with a Curve 8300 and then iPhone first gen.
After that finally caught the Android Bug ;)
Ive since had-
-Tmobile G1
-Mytouch 3g
-Mytouch 3g Fender
---Nexus One
-LG G2x
---switched to Verizon----
Thunderbolt
and Currenlty have the GALAXY NEXUS Disgusting that I whore myself out to all these different types of phones. :p
Anyways, I was on crackberry and am currenlty holding down the fort here on AC. I answer when I can, but mostly browse. Always willing to if I know any answer.
Happy New Year! #teamAndroid

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi I'm Warren and I aspire to be Android personified!

My smartphone history is as follows :
Sharp wizard and palm pilot (OK pre smartphone)

I've had a few Windows phones
Hp ipaq
HTC 8125 (I think that's the number)
HTC 8525
HTC fuze

I've owned a few android.. Mostly pure!
Tmobile g1
HTC incredible
HTC nexus 1
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Verizon

I'm considering the galaxy att, but haven't fully decided!

Oh one more thing... Pick me! Pick me!

Sent from TapaTalk

Vol_Mania

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Happy to finally have my Nexus! Loving Android and ICS is amazing.

Former OS/Device:
OG Droid
Blackberry Bold

Previous Forums:
Motorola OG Droid

How would you describe yourself - in terms of forum participation?
I'm a forum addict pre & post release. I mainly lurk in the background, but I will participate as needed when I find a topic that sparks my interest.

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Previous phones: Blackberry Bold 9930, iPhone 4
Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
Previous forum: Crackberry

I'm a forum junkie. I like to read all the posts, especially the ones about specific problems so I know how to address it if it ever arises.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Congratulations out to:

1. smccloud
  2. FishPharm
  3. Live2ride833

Thanks for taking time to introduce yourselves and tell us your history. I love seeing all the Crackberry guys sticking with us. Great thing to see.

Please send:

Full name
Shipping address
Phone

All that stuff UPS always wants -- over to my email address: cory.streater@mobilenations.com. Mark it as urgent if you think about it.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201