Iphone 5 talked about on today Show 9/12/12

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I still like the iPhone and iOS. I moved to the galaxy S3 though because I wanted a bigger screen. 4in is just not big enough. Well for some people it is, but not for me. I still have my iPad and get my iOS that way. Because of the tight integration of the hardware and the iOS it is super slick. I'm not sure what is meant that it is still out of date. I think only people who don't use it don't understand what it's like. It's a very different experience.

Great post, I agree.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope you guys realize that only Android users care about specs. Apple doesn't. Apple will never have better specs than high end Android devices because they are more worried about the user experience and making sure everything runs smoothly. It's not all about hardware, guys. You can have a 13 MP camera but that doesn't mean it's better than Apple's 8MP camera.

Anyway, I'm getting an iPhone 5 because it works.

PS. It sucks for you guys who got the One X. The fact that HTC is coming out with another one within months is ridiculous. That's what I dislike about Android devices. That's a waste of upgrade. And I thought HTC said they wouldn't do that again.

Chapstick4

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Funny, seen a few post on here about how the android devices have been better then IOS for several years. Considering the original iphone came out 5 years ago i am intrested on what Android device was better then? But the real point is that you guys should love apple, if not for apple we would all still be useing a palm treo or some crap like that, and If not for the Android system my iphones would not have half the stuff on them that we have now. I love my Iphones, they work great, dont lock up, and i can do anything i want on them when i jailbreak, but i love Android just as much for pushing Apple to update.

"Cant we all get along?" 😂

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Funny, seen a few post on here about how the android devices have been better then IOS for several years. Considering the original iphone came out 5 years ago i am intrested on what Android device was better then? But the real point is that you guys should love apple, if not for apple we would all still be useing a palm treo or some crap like that, and If not for the Android system my iphones would not have half the stuff on them that we have now. I love my Iphones, they work great, dont lock up, and i can do anything i want on them when i jailbreak, but i love Android just as much for pushing Apple to update.

"Cant we all get along?" 😂

You need to do a little research before you say "if it wasn't for apple", read this link read this link. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/02/if-android-is-a-stolen-product-then-so-was-the-iphone/

Steve Jobs was a whining little baby , "they stole my ideas, im gonna sue them for everything apple has" boo hoo hoo. What about all the technologies he stole from all these other companies, i think these companies should sue apple for stealing their ideas.

The truth is, you've been brain washed by all the crap apple fills your head with, and that is the point this thread is trying to make. So don't say "if it wasn't for apple". And it's kind of sad, their phone didn't support 4G, maybe android devices should sue apple for making the Iphone 5 support 4G. And apple is think it's funny their having to play catch up because their getting surpassed.

Chapstick4

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont care if they stole the ideas or not, they took the leap and it worked. At the time all the other phone makers were laughing and said it would flop because thats not what we wanted, im sure glad they were wrong. Everyone steals, hell Samsung wrote a two hundred page report on what they wanted to steal from apple lol. Atleast apple is smart enough not to write a book on everything they want to rip off haha.

Last edited:

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The truth is, you've been brain washed by all the crap apple fills your head with, and that is the point this thread is trying to make. So don't say "if it wasn't for apple". And it's kind of sad, their phone didn't support 4G, maybe android devices should sue apple for making the Iphone 5 support 4G. And apple is think it's funny their having to play catch up because their getting surpassed.

So instead of reading someone's opinion, why not go to the link below and see what the #1 Android phone maker was making up to June of 2007 (June is when the iPhone was released - it was announced in January).

All Samsung phones - page 7

The only thing in that link, or in earlier models, that looks close to an iPhone was the F700. The F700 was a slider, with a resistive touch screen, and a UI that the Palm Treo and Blackberry would put to shame - it was basically a feature phone.

I remember the first attempts to one-up the iPhone. Remember the LG Voyager? So I took the bait and got one - lots of these reviews and articles like the one you point to made it sound like the Voyager would be a good alternative to an iPhone. Laughable now, but quite a few 'hands on' reviews seemed to think it was competitive with its plastic screen, resistive touch, fold out keyboard, pay per month apps, etc.

I have a good memory of that time, because I had a need and was looking hard for a 'convergence' device - phone, PDA / email, GPS, all in one. The iPhone became the device that implemented that convergence and ushered in a completely new generation of mobile devices, and anyone who doesn't acknowledge that is lying to themselves or simply plain ignorant of what came before (maybe too many twenty-somethings who don't remember those kickass treos, the awesome HP iPaq, or all those wonderful feature phones - I have a box full of that crap btw).

I find it quite sad to think that people actually believe that these companies were doing creative work paralleling Apple when all you need to do is look at their product offerings over time - and you can see how profoundly Apple affected these companies products.

So all that said, just because apple started the revolution doesn't mean that they're still the best or will stay the best.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
You've been brain washed, my point exactly. Believe what you want, but there where touch screen phones before the so called God phone as you have already stated. I'm just stating I'm tired of the GD trend, the media making out like this GD phone is far superior than any device on the market, when in reality, apple is getting its ass ate alive and it's having to catch up with the times. A wonderful 3.5 inch screen to a almighty 4 inches. The droid x came out with a 4.3 inch screen July 2010, and iphone was still a 3.5 inch big screen, oh but it has a retina display, more brain washing quotes. What ever... Isheep follower.

I read and article today that Samsung might sue apple for patent infringements on 4glte, on which Samsung owns 800 patents and apple only has 400, i hope Samsung sues the living hell out of apple because they need the wind took out of their sail. I'll never own an Iphone, i like my freedom, you become an Iphone user, apple wants full control over you butt, never will I own an apple product. Their computers sucked back in the early nineties and their phone will soon take the same path their computers done long ago.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you please find a quote where the media or Apple said that the iPhone was the first touch screen smart phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Chapstick4

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You've been brain washed, my point exactly. Believe what you want, but there where touch screen phones before the so called God phone as you have already stated. I'm just stating I'm tired of the GD trend, the media making out like this GD phone is far superior than any device on the market, when in reality, apple is getting its ass ate alive and it's having to catch up with the times. A wonderful 3.5 inch screen to a almighty 4 inches. The droid x came out with a 4.3 inch screen July 2010, and iphone was still a 3.5 inch big screen, oh but it has a retina display, more brain washing quotes. What ever... Isheep follower.

I read and article today that Samsung might sue apple for patent infringements on 4glte, on which Samsung owns 800 patents and apple only has 400, i hope Samsung sues the living hell out of apple because they need the wind took out of their sail. I'll never own an Iphone, i like my freedom, you become an Iphone user, apple wants full control over you butt, never will I own an apple product. Their computers sucked back in the early nineties and their phone will soon take the same path their computers done long ago.

If we wanted a big ass phone that you had to have a bookbag to carry apple would just a phone in the ipad lol. Bigger is not better. Go buy your big ass Galaxy note and be happy haha.

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't respond intially because that post wasn't worth responding to - falsified quotes and statements that someone said something that they didn't, or that something happened that didn't, is the essence of McCarthyism (google it if you don't know what it means) - a very common human trait, unfortunately.

That said, I think the Samsung email that Chapstik4 posted says it all in regards to pre-iPhone products. If you didn't bother to read it, here's what it says :

“All this time, we’ve been paying all our attention to Nokia, and concentrated our efforts on things like ‘folder’, ‘bar’, ‘slide,’ yet when our UX (user experience) is compared to the unexpected competitor Apple’s iPhone, the difference is truly that of Heaven and Earth.”
- JK Shin, head of Samsung Mobile, February 2010

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
@chapstick, my last post wasn't directed at you. Sorry for any confusion. I'm fully aware of what the iPhone did to the industry, I owned plenty of smart phones and PDAs before 2007.

ggrove91

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't get past anything Apple when it comes to news talking about it. Sadly I heard it is the biggest pre ordered iphone yet from AT&T. People are sheep. There is a video of Jimmy Kimmel showing people the "iPhone 5" when it is just the 4s and they believed it was the new iPhone.

---------- Post Merged at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:06 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When Google showed off their Nexus 7, there were stories about it in mainstream coverage, same thing with Microsoft and the Surface, same thing with Amazon and their new Kindles. The mainstream doesn't have to cover Motorola, HTC, and Samsung.