Iphone 5 talked about on today Show 9/12/12

anon(629033)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The whole, "it just works" line is a bunch of marketing nonsense.
As with any phone, iPhones can and do have issues.

The iPhone "works" no better or worse than any other smart phone. I'm tired of hearing it...it's just not true.
The "tight integration" with hardware and OS is hardly a perfect situation like many folks claim.
Don't buy a phone based on "tight integration" of hardware and OS, because it doesn't mean anything...that's been proven. Buy a phone based on the specs. Get the phone with the specs that suit you the best and you'll be much happier.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The whole, "it just works" line is a bunch of marketing nonsense.
As with any phone, iPhones can and do have issues.

The iPhone "works" no better or worse than any other smart phone. I'm tired of hearing it...it's just not true.
The "tight integration" with hardware and OS is hardly a perfect situation like many folks claim.
Don't buy a phone based on "tight integration" of hardware and OS, because it doesn't mean anything...that's been proven. Buy a phone based on the specs. Get the phone with the specs that suit you the best and you'll be much happier.

If tighter integration wasn't a positive thing, why is Microsoft seemingly going that route with Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8?

It just works.

Get the phone that you want - the phone that does what you need it to do in the best possible way, the phone that is in the ecosystem you want to be in or have previously invested heavily in. The specs don't matter much.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope you guys realize that only Android users care about specs. Apple doesn't. Apple will never have better specs than high end Android devices because they are more worried about the user experience and making sure everything runs smoothly. It's not all about hardware, guys. You can have a 13 MP camera but that doesn't mean it's better than Apple's 8MP camera.

Anyway, I'm getting an iPhone 5 because it works.

PS. It sucks for you guys who got the One X. The fact that HTC is coming out with another one within months is ridiculous. That's what I dislike about Android devices. That's a waste of upgrade. And I thought HTC said they wouldn't do that again.
No, Apple users care just as much about specs as Android. Also I've seen plenty of people complain about lag on their iPhones and such so whether or not the user experience is better than Android's is going to vary just like everything else.

Also, they released the latest Evo after I got my 3VO but I don't feel like it sucks for me. Not everyone needs to constantly have the latest phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
a quad core 2gb ram s3 with 4g has been launched after i bought my quad 1gb 3g only version and im not bothered :cool:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201