Visit site
Virgin Mobile gets iPhone for $549, $30 per month
Where on earth are you seeing the price at? o.o
EDIT:Snooped on their FB page... http://screensnapr.com/v/LSgjKz.jpg
nope-cat.jpg

MrJedi

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness they have priced it that high. I don't think they will get a lot ports at that price. Anyone looking for prepaid for iPhone would probably go the used GSM version on Straight talk or Simple Mobile instead.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I still dont really know what to think about this whole Iphone on virgin mobile thing...

But hell, who am I?

Im not going to bad mouth the iphone, its a nice phone, but I'd definitely take the EVO over it. Im happier with my OV than I would be with an Iphone...

Honestly, is there anyone who reads/posts here that would (not only really consider, but) actually buy the Iphone on VM?

Last edited:

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Its nice for VMs business. For people who are looking to buy an iphone aand unlock it to use on prepaid. Now they don't have to do that. I will not be buying I'm almost to the evo ^_^

Sent from my LG-VM670

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: topdawg661

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is dreaming if the think anyone will pay that much for it.

You severely under estimate the stupid in this country.
Besides, it will pay for itself in well under a year compared to a post paid.

It will probably be the most profitable Iphone out since they aren't subsidizing the hell out of it.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

It will probably be the most profitable Iphone out since they aren't subsidizing the hell out of it.

I personally have like ten family members that have iPhones. They all think apple is faultless, so I completely agree with Leslie about people being willing to pay for the iPhone. Just think, we're all willing (when we have the money) to by a $300 evo, so why wouldn't the iSheep (who are even more devoted to apple than we are to a particular phone) buy a $600 phone.

I can see people getting it.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

shes correct. never under estimate an angry iphone user fed up with the insane prices at&t,verizon charge just to use an iPhone on their networks. a pal has 4s on at&t and is getting ripped monthly. $40 for a weak talk,text plan...data seperate charge in the $35 to $40 range...complete rip off. so i can see a number of those customers jumping ship to prepaid even if they gotta buy a new device.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone is wondering, there are news outlets picking up this story, and they report that a no contract iPhone with VM can save you $750 over the course of 2 years by not paying AT&Ts overpriced plans:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation...Mobile-s-prepaid-iPhone-4S-could-save-you-750

The initial cost still raises the question who would lay down that much upfront? I can see young people who own a Mac and want to integrate the iPhone into the Apple ecosystem buying this. Other than that, I'm not sure. But definitely Mac owners

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I dislike how the iPhone is a $30 plan.... but people who have the grandfather plan and want to switch to a 4G phone have to pay the $35. Nice strategy virgin mobile -_-
IPhones suck. Nuff said.