Verizon Note 2 4.4.2 is being pushed out

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Whay are folks in such a hurry to become Verizon's guinea pig for this new 4.4.2 update?

When Verizon pushed the most recent update for my other phone, the Galaxy Note 3, it totally f----d-up the battery life. (just seen posts in the VZW Note 3 forum) I'm not letting OTA update touch my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, especially since this 4.4.2 will be the last OTA update for the Note 2.

My battery life has tanked since 4.3, I don't think 4.4 could be any worse. Plus it'll be nice to have some of my apps update as some of them have 4.4+ only.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So does nfc and Google wallet work now? I don't have the special sim card, just the original that came with the phone. Would love to use Google wallet again!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed different fonts, that all I can see. My attention is on the world cup. (GO ITALY) We all know USA won't make it far lol.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How is the update running for all? Any noticeable difference? Good or bad.

It seems to be running ok but there are little things that will take getting used too.

2. Seems Wallet will be usable for tap and pay.
3. s pen input seems more accurate for writing with a different/new interface.
4. Wifi seems to be more stable. Previously it seemed like it would drop connection for no reason.
5. Able to print to my Canon printer without using printershare.

Dislikes:
1. Constant NFC icon at top.
2. Can't hide apps in the app drawer.
3. I have gear watch and emails are being "difficult"
4. Google Now, when I say "Ok Google" it's taking 3 to 5 seconds before I can talk/give command.

Too early to know about battery life. Would love to hear others opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

maddiealan

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I received the update, and the phone does seem a little faster. Can't decide about battery life yet, but the good news is that it's not worse. One thing I notice is that Smart Stay is working again! After the last two updates I couldn't get it to work. And they removed the little eye in the notification area, which is great.Still playing around with the phone.

YeOldeGoat

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine still says up to date on kies and verizon upgrade assistant on 4.3 even after a factory reset. Has anyone's worked or is this my problem? I cant get OTA so I'm waiting for the wired upgrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards