iPhone>N7>S7E (maybe)

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have mainly used iPhones (starting with the 3gs back in 09), I have also had about a years worth of time on Android with the Galaxy S5 & S6 (had to return the S6 due to manufacture issues). So I ended up getting another iPhone (the 6+) but after seeing all the hype about the N7 I decided to give it a shot. I had no problems with my phone, it ran smooth, looked great and didn't heat up. I decided to return it once they announced the recall. I re activated my iPhone and decided to wait for the new N7's to be released. The more I think about it the more I am considering the S7E...while I really liked the N7 and the S pen, I didn't really use it (except messing around with my kids and showing them how it worked). It's not like I use the phone for work - I basically pay some bills, take pictures, send texts...nothing crazy. I like the S7E is water resistant and has wireless charging (these were awesome features on the N7).
Just wondering what everyone thinks of their S7E...thanks in advance.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have mainly used iPhones (starting with the 3gs back in 09), I have also had about a years worth of time on Android with the Galaxy S5 & S6 (had to return the S6 due to manufacture issues). So I ended up getting another iPhone (the 6+) but after seeing all the hype about the N7 I decided to give it a shot. I had no problems with my phone, it ran smooth, looked great and didn't heat up. I decided to return it once they announced the recall. I re activated my iPhone and decided to wait for the new N7's to be released. The more I think about it the more I am considering the S7E...while I really liked the N7 and the S pen, I didn't really use it (except messing around with my kids and showing them how it worked). It's not like I use the phone for work - I basically pay some bills, take pictures, send texts...nothing crazy. I like the S7E is water resistant and has wireless charging (these were awesome features on the N7).
Just wondering what everyone thinks of their S7E...thanks in advance.

I went from an S7 edge to a Note 7. The user interface is definitely updated on the Note 7. Little features like the blue light filter, dimmable flashlight toggle, settings menu are all nice little nuances that make it feel a little newer. I am a Note fan so I gave my coworker the S7 edge and upgraded to the Note 7. I really enjoyed it, but I couldn't help but feel that all the extra features (S pen and other) kept the Note 7 from being as fluid as the S7 edge. This is a big deal to me, the little stutters makes me cringe. Even though I actually used the S pen, eventually (even after a factory reset) I felt like the performance of the S7 edge outweighed the fuller feature set of the Note. I switched back to a S7 edge and I've immediately noticed the cleaner animations and overall superior UI fluidity.

Fyi, I've been using the same Nova backup profile for awhile with the same apps.

This has been my experience anyway, fwiw.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually own an iPhone 6s, been using it for almost 6 months. Last week I purchased a S7 Edge and must say I'm really impressed. I've used Android before but this phone has made me almost give up my iPhone. Giving it another week before I make the full decision but if I were you I'd say give it a shot.

Loolaw

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been a long time Note user and had ordered the Note 7 the night before the recall. Sprint recalled my UPS shipment which gave me time to think about waiting and reordering when they became available again, or switching to the S7 Edge.

Comparing the two, I like the slightly slimmer S7 model and to be honest, and the other small difference have no real impact on my type of use -- I never used the pen other than to run the the tutorials. Never even thought about it. I may be missing a big plus (especially like the new magnifier app), but I think going to the S7 Edge is the better choice so after several years with the Note, I am changing platforms.

:confused:

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow...thank you all very much for the responses. I think I will go pick one up tonight or tomorrow. I was going to put in in a Pelican case. Another question / concern...tempered glass screen protectors...are there any good ones that work or with the S7E are you stuck with plastic screen protectors?

Thanks again everyone!

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
The Note 7 sales will go down, but the S7E sales will go up as a result.

I own S7E and wanted Note 7 cause i miss the spen, but something kept me not doing this, like a ******* inner voice that says it's a big error, as Note has nothing of a value over the S7E, im keeping my S7E as i believe it's a better buy than a Note, recall or not.

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
i usta run with 2 phones ( note 5 and s7 edge) the s7 edge is supreme and godly. lmao but forreal its mint as. android all the way and onnly reason id get the note 7 over the s7 edge is if you need the spen like superduper desperately and are ready to give up smooth performance for it ( s7e is faster than the note 7 from my experience before the recall) and i like the bloack on black colour with thre black frame but then again s7 edge all the way boii

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Just came from 6 plus months ago. Freedom. But now iphone 7 coming hype arriving again. :) Will try avoid. Hassle to change.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as most of the above responders. Long time Note user. Returned my N7 for a S7E because I didn't want to wait a month to get a new phone. I was then planning on trading the S7E back in for a new N7 (because I have tmobile Jump On Demand and can get 3 new phones a year). But, shockingly, I actually like the S7E better than the N7 so I'm going to stick with it.

I've been a Note user since the Note 2 and never thought I could be happy with another phone. I was wrong. But if not for this recall, I would have never given the S7E (or any other phone) a shot.

S7E is just more fluid, imo. Even though I miss the S-pen, I downloaded S-Note from the Galaxy app store and bought a stylus so I'm good to go.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow...thank you all very much for the responses. I think I will go pick one up tonight or tomorrow. I was going to put in in a Pelican case. Another question / concern...tempered glass screen protectors...are there any good ones that work or with the S7E are you stuck with plastic screen protectors?

Thanks again everyone!

I have a Pure Gear roll-on. It's allegedly "thin flexible glass," but it seems pretty plastic-y. It sticks to the edges of the screen a lot better than the pure gear on my N7 did.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the S7E today. I've only had it for a few hours, loading all my apps and getting rid of all the bloatware. I do notice a difference in the settings and in the stock messenger (I'm pretty sure this is an older version of TW). My main concern is protecting the phone. I had not put a screen protector on the N7 before I returned it, today I bought one from the AT&T store (not glass, a Zagg plastic one) it's already peeling on the corners. I also bought a case that seems ok...not too big & bulky but I wanted to put something on the phone just in case.
I'm sure once I get it set up and the case and screen protector figured out I will be happy. I got the phone from Sam's and received a $150 gift card.
Thanks again for all the input!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
As much as I like (and would recommend) the S7E, anyone coming from an iphone and especially those using other Apple devices should seriously consider the iphone 7. Details are out and it reads absolutely awesome.

If nothing else the claimed SOT of 15 hours is worth a pause for thought! That's double of that of the Galaxies.

Water resistant too. Camera reads good also.

Awaiting reviews.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They claimed 15 hours SOT? Sounds like that needs to be tested. The 6S+ was getting around 9 on battery run down so with their 1 extra hour from the keynote was expecting to see 7-8 in real world use and 10 in tests.

shadowcoder

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
As much as I like (and would recommend) the S7E, anyone coming from an iphone and especially those using other Apple devices should seriously consider the iphone 7. Details are out and it reads absolutely awesome.

If nothing else the claimed SOT of 15 hours is worth a pause for thought! That's double of that of the Galaxies.

Water resistant too. Camera reads good also.

Awaiting reviews.

The S7E is still by far the better phone IMO.

- Double the RAM.
- Far better screen and resolution.
- Better camera still.
- Better battery (iphone 7 just added 2 hrs to iphone 6's battery).
- Android version on S7E is better suited for power users in comparison to iOS 10.
- microSD slot.
- Headphone jack. That alone means if you want to follow Apple's game, you will have to pay an extra $150 for their headphones.
- The S7E is one sexy phone. Much more than the iphone as things stand right now.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The S7E is still by far the better phone IMO.

- Double the RAM.
- Far better screen and resolution.
- Better camera still.
- Better battery (iphone 7 just added 2 hrs to iphone 6's battery).
- Android version on S7E is better suited for power users in comparison to iOS 10.
- microSD slot.
- Headphone jack. That alone means if you want to follow Apple's game, you will have to pay an extra $150 for their headphones.
- The S7E is one sexy phone. Much more than the iphone as things stand right now.
Wouldn't matter much if the person buying is coming from an iPhone and is using an iPad and a Mac. The whole seamless connectivity alone could be a deciding factor in buying. The S7 may be the better phone spec by spec, but it doesn't account for the user's own circumstances that may dictate the iPhone as a better choice for him/her.

shadowcoder

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Wouldn't matter much if the person buying is coming from an iPhone and is using an iPad and a Mac. The whole seamless connectivity alone could be a deciding factor in buying. The S7 may be the better phone spec by spec, but it doesn't account for the user's own circumstances that may dictate the iPhone as a better choice for him/her.

Buying into an ecosystem is a very long conversation/debate when looking and comparing outside of the ecosystem devices.

You are right that a user's circumstances may dictate the choice but I believe most of this is marketing fluff from Apple rather than conscious consumer choices. Have to give them that because they are good at it.

PS: I'm a macbook owner but also a very happy S7E owner.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis